Zippy chest hair growth with melatonin

Hi, I mostly lurk, but last winter I posted a thread asking about using melatonin for increasing hair on the chest of very thin coated dogs like my Manchester Terrier, Zippy. Here is the original thread

http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t111109/

Well I just wanted to post my results. I have been using the melatonin and a supplement called Nupro for the last 3 months or so. Based on my observations and the pics below, I would say Zippy has had maybe a 20% improvement on the quality of coat on his chest. Its still thin, but I think there is a change. The pictures don't completely do it justice. Overall his coat is always very nice and sleek, it is just thin on neck, chest, belly and behins the ears --very common in some types of single coated dogs I think.

Zippy before

Zippy tonight (sorry for the bad pic!)

Thanks! I know I need to get out of lurkdom more often LOL! Its difficult with lighting etc to see the real difference in the photos. I also have not been very scientific about it since I started the Nupro and melatonin at the same time --improvement could be from either one --but either way I'm pleased its helped.

Yeah, actually I believe it was Sizzledog who told me about it --I believe she used it on her Dobes. I also think Dekka tried it as a calming agent for her dog. I have to say, I don't think it has had any type of calming influence on Zippy LOL! I also like that its really inexpensive and since Zippy is only 18 lbs he only gets a half a pill a day so the bottle has been lasting a VERY long time,

Members online

No members online now.