How has your dog embarrassed you

elegy

overdogged
my big scary manly pit bull rolled onto his back and made a tinkle fountain at somebody's feet in the middle of petsmart. that was kind of embarrassing.

Toller_08

Ripley's new thing is to scream and run sometimes when a dog lifts a lip at him, or growls, or displays some other behaviour to say "hey, back off". But, he also screams sometimes when he wants to play with a dog who he's not allowed to. It's kind of a lose-lose situation... which I'm really hoping will pass with perseverence, as there is no reason for it. And it doesn't happen all the time... just with some dogs.

Keira doesn't really embarrass me anymore, but wow, was she ever embarrassing in puppy classes. She'd never fail to get mild diarrhea every puppy class, without enough warning, due to too stimulating and environment and stress I guess. There was nothing wrong with her health wise. She also had zero focus in puppy classes, and couldn't focus on the task at hand or my mom for more than a second... if that. She was the only puppy in class who wouldn't behave even somewhat, and the only dog we'd ever had who lacked such focus and got so worked up. She made both mom and I feel like morons... it was awful. But now she's grown into a fantastic dog, and you'd never know of her former puppy self to meet her now.

The only thing Dance does to embarrass me is to bark at friendly strangers who want to meet her. I don't know how to stop it, and no trainers have given me any advice that has worked. She used to be afraid of people and would bark out of fear, and she still is leery of people, but she doesn't back away anymore when she barks. Now she stands still or tries to move toward the person, and gives them a really loud, ear-piercing bark. I hate the behaviour. She looks aggressive and she scares people, but she's not in the least. I try to stop her before it happens, as I can see her tense up and I know the stare she gives right before it happens, but sometimes I'm either 1) a second too late, or 2) stopping her doesn't work. Other than that, she's never embarrassed me in any other way. And the barking has gotten better, but I'd like to get it completely gone.

I can't think of anything funny my dogs have ever done to embarrass me, lol. I wish I could. But generally the only things they do to embarrass me are things that make me look like a bad trainer/dog owner momentarily.

Thanks for the laughs everyone! Mine aren't quite as good as everyone elses but I will share them anyways.

We took Avril and Jessie to the park one day and apparently before we got there Avril had a HEAVY serving of stuffing. She pooped, and it didn't come out, before I could get to her to help her (gross) she took off running. The poop was long and was wacking her along her body. I tried calling her, but when she whipped around it fell out. It wasn't a busy park but I felt like EVERYONE was watching. I didn't want to touch her. I gave her a bath right when we got home.

The day I met Cupid and was taking him home I decided to walk him around the outdoor show. I stopped for a moment to talk to the handler I usually work for. I look down just as Cupid is lifting his leg. I didn't really know what to do so while he was peeing I pushed him off and his "waterfall" landed on the handlers shoe!

I was showing Seven and she was stacking great and did the first go around fine. But after that every time I tried to move her she would stop dead in her tracks and lay down and start scratching her ears, I couldn't get her to stop. She did it again and again.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Oh geez...I think the most embarrassing was when Oakley launched himself off a snow bank, over what appeared to be a 1 ft fence (thats all that was poking up from the pile of crap in front of it...

And landed 6-7 feet down in someone's yard.

It was really fun knocking on their door & trying to explain how my dog ended up in their very well fenced in yard...
LOL! That would be so embarrassing :eek: I could see Tucker doing something like that... he always has to climb on the highest things we walk past.

And the red rocket :yikes: Madison used to lay on his back to be pet, and would pee everywhere with the red rocket out. Horrible.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
I haven't read through this thread, but uh, when we first got Ophie, it was that time of the month for me.
I don't use tampons...not towards the end anyway, and SOMEONE left the bathroom door open...
And I had two of my brothers over.

ahem, needless to REALLY say, but my brother caught her chewing something up.
And he goes, "I think she has a fabric softener sheet." and he gets it from her, and gives it to me.

But it wasn't a fabric softener sheet as we don't use those in my house...

Yeah. I did NOT say anything to him because you'd have to know my brother, he would have FREAKED OUT.

Oh, it'll come back, lol.

Tallulah was pretty embarrassing the first few times I took her to weight pulls. Actually, the first time I wanted the floor to swallow me up. She SCREAMED, standing on her back legs, time after time. Thankfully, there were some dyed in the wool APBT breeders there and they were grinning and came over to look her over. They all said it was a shame I didn't have her papers, because her build and attitude was exactly what was looked for. It seems that kind of antic somehow tells them a dog is curious, aware, and fearless. But OY, the looks some of the other people were giving us :eek:

Oh, and she feels compelled to do that whenever we go out the front door. She just HAS to announce her presence to the whole world :rolleyes:

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
hahahahaha awwww you didn't kill the thread... I'm going to bring it back to life....

CPR certification... check
dead thread... ummm check
embarrassing dog.... check check

Now Bamm.... I have LOTS of stories but here are a few

I was living at a house in VA and I had a new roomie that had just moved in. My new roomie had taken off his flip flops and set them aside and was playing with Bamm. Now... Bamm NEVER does this kind of thing... he knows he has to go outside to do his business... but... Bamm was riled up from playing rough house with the new roomie... he ran over and took a HUGE dump on my new roommate's flip flop... after I had just told my new roomie that he was completely housetrained. go figure

I have to say that the fact that he's dog reactive can be embarrassing at times... he's extremely leash reactive and whenever we go for walks he freaks out anytime we see another dog... so here we are minding our own business on a leisurely stroll and here comes joe shmoe with his little fido... Bamm sees fido... Bamm lunges towards fido even though he's far from reach. He creates a huge scene screaming and barking and growling and then starts whining... oi vey...

I was living at a friend's house when I first moved back to New Mexico... she has 4 dogs and luckily Bamm gets along with all of them. One of her little dogs LOVES laundry... I found this out the hard way when the dog went into my room, found one of my used underwear out of my dirty laundry pile and proceeded to bring my dirty underwear into my friend's parents bedroom. She dropped my underwear on the bed on her dad's side and none of us knew until it was discovered later... what made it worse is that my friend didn't call me to come get my underwear... she grabbed two Q-tips and used those to grab my underwear and bring them back to my room... in front of her parents and brother... oh my

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
My parents got back from a short weekend vacation (they left me home alone) and kenya went to greet them at the door with a USED CONDOM IN HER MOUTH!
like "look what she and her boyfriend did when you left!"

I could've killed her.

but luckily, my parents and I had a silent agreement of "nobody saw anything and we never speak of this EVER" lol

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Wow... if Bamm did what Kenya did I think I would have died... literally...

I have two more for you.

My dog spins in about a thousand circles before he poops... he just keeps spinning and spinning... I get weird looks when he does that...

and this is what he did just now... I live at an apt complex that has a laundry room... the laundry room has windows and people happened to be in there just now doing their laundry... I'm out walking Bamm and there's a big grass area right near the laundry room area. He takes a massive dump... and then does what he always does after... kicks the grass up... well... in his attempt to kick the grass up his feet were too close to his poop and he kicked the poop up in the area and right at the laundry room window... my neighbors in the laundry room laughed... I was mortified. I spend the next couple minutes with the dog poo bag trying to hunt down the pieces of poop that had flown every which way.... and this was only less than 5 minutes ago...

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Well there was the one time Summer ran up into my room mate's boyfriend's lap and then promptly hurled all over him. That was fun...

Summer also ran into the breeder's house the other day and promptly hiked her leg on the couch. My GIRL dog.

There was the time I was at the dog park and Mia found a purple thong in the middle of the dog park.

Then there was the time Mia stole a frisbee from some hot guys playing frisbee golf at the park and proceeded to run off with it.

Oh and Nard came walking through our house one day we had guests over WEARING my sisters bra around him. I still have no idea how he did that one.

Oh and when Mia, Summer, and I met up with Erin and Jude. Mia was a complete BRAT the whole time. It was very embarrassing for me. She may be banned from ever meeting a Chazzer again.

Last edited:

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Skittle, Psyche spins a bajillion times before she poops too. People always think it's funny, I'm just always like "Come on!"

My dogs haven't done anything I can think of right at this moment.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Skittle, Psyche spins a bajillion times before she poops too. People always think it's funny, I'm just always like "Come on!"

My dogs haven't done anything I can think of right at this moment.
Nard and Mia both spin too. Beau just shoves his but into a bush. It's like he's embarrassed.

Brattina88

:rofl1: great thread!

Tucker only carries underware out into the living room when company is over :p

MPP

petperson
My dogs have been pretty low-key about embarrassing me, but my cat Cleo Elizabeth made up for it. She loooooved to play with a certain brand of tampons. She always thought I was a spoil-sport for not letting her. Then one marvelous day, I didn't close the closet door. She somehow fished out the entire brand-new box and got it open. Damned things were everywhere. It took forever to find them all.

Only, as it turned out, not quite all. Two days later, when the cable guy came to hook up my TV, he pulled out the TV stand--- and there lay five tampons, still wrapped, with little teeth marks in them. I have no idea how she got them under there. And to this day, I have not come up with a suave, airy remark to cover the situation!

Members online

No members online now.