poor poor Victor

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Yesterday my friend brought over her yorkie puppy. Pics will be coming as soon as my computer is fixed! The little puppy is about 14 weeks old now. Victor played so sweetly with Taz getting him to chase him and waiting for him to almost catch up. He nuzzled him and was oh so tender.

Cindy went out to work in my garden for me since I am ill. I watched the puppy. The song Wreck of the Day was playing and started to gently dance with puppy held in my hands. That was when Victor's whole world crumpled. When I looked up I saw his expression. Now he doesn't like puppy. He growled and had big eyes at puppy. He was given a snout to nose, and eventually put in the bedroom until the puppy left. It was my mistake. You would think i would have learned from a similar experience with my son.

AAron was 4 years old at the time. I was visiting my neighbor. She was dancing with her little boy who was 3, and I picked up Coco her daughter and was gently dancing with her to Patsy Cline. Aaron walked in and it was the same thing. His face broke up, he ran outside to the rock wall and sobbed. I asked him what was wrong and he said "your only suppose to dance with me!!!!" So I promised him I would only dance with him from now on, I held him until the tears subsided.

Victor has been very clingy ever since. I wish I could make him understand. Today I put the same song on and asked him to dance. He pressed his head into my belly while I held him for the length of the song.
I hope he doesn't carry a grudge with the puppy next time he comes.:(

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
He is tender. He is super sensitive which is what makes him such a good dog for people interaction. He picks up on their moods like the little boy that was crying in the back room. I will never ever forget that. If I have told this story before sorry in advance.
The little boy was crying because I had told his father he was playing in the wax and was about to touch his father's piece that he had not glazed yet which embarrassed the boy which was not my intention. The boy was about 5. Victor ran in and assumed the most hang dog expression ever right next to the little boy. Ears drooped, head down, leaning ever so gently on the boy. Every few seconds he would reach up and nuzzle the boy's ear and then drop his head back to hos woe is me expression. The little boy finally giggled, and Victor's tail wagged. THat is just one of a lot of my most favorite memories of him. I saw this because someone nudged me and pointed over their shoulder saying in a hushed voice...look at that.

It's been hard enough on him seeing Pepper get all the training he has, but he likes her too and I have been careful to be very equal in all areas keeping his world as special as I could. Just no more dancing with puppy!

Snark

Mutts to you
Aw, poor Victor... Maybe you could do something 'special' with him to make up for it?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Today is guild day and I am going to have to take them both again, such is life. Hopefully he will "get" that he is helping train her as Mary helped train him. Only Mary did it with a big ol smile on her face and the wag of approval. Not sullen looks and annoyed grunts.

Bailey08

Poor Victor. :(

Bailey can be jealous, too. I swear, he can even tell when I'm remarking that another dog is cute (even if the dog is some distance away, like at the dog beach) -- he always comes running over to me. I think he would like a "sibling," but it would definitely be an adjustment!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
pepper is a good match for Victor because she does not demand attention all the time. SHe wants to be with you, but not pulled onto your lap (i understand because I feel exactly the same way)..she likes to sleep beside you but not melded to you. So Victor's "place" is never taken up by her. She is not shy of loving I promise.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
aww poor Victor. His feelings got hurt. We are going through the Jelousys with Teagan right now his is Jelouse of the baby Emme.

Lets hope Victor gets over it and shows the baby some love when he comes back. Give Victor an extra hug from me..

Members online

No members online now.