Best antler brand?

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
With the dogs' food order this month, I'm considering purchasing Abrams an antler. I know they're risky in terms of tooth breakage, but considering what this dog chews on, I'm less concerned about him breaking a tooth and more concerned about giving him something that keeps him engaged and doesn't break after an hour.

Is there a particular difference in brands, or are they all pretty similar? Any benefit to elk vs deer, besides size?

Toller_08

I haven't bought an antler in forever, but Elk is always much longer lasting than Deer in my experience. When I worked at a pet store, I used to get Puppy Love jumbo Elk Antlers. They lasted incredibly well. Not sure if that brand is available in th US though. I would imagine all quality antlers would be similar though, regardless of brand. But yeah, I would definitely opt for Elk over Deer.

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
I get mine from Got Antlers or Acadia Antlers. Nola and Pike both prefer moose, but will chew elk if it's split. Deer never gets touched. I think the deer is a bit too hard.

joce

We get our elk ones from a local guy that sells meat and antlers at a farm market. Need to go get more. I know he has a website.

I bought some at a dog show couple months ago and not nearly as nice.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Just ordered a large whole Elk antler...we'll see how it goes! I'm hoping it will keep Abrams occupied for awhile and not have him loose interest in it. If anything, at least it will give him something other than a hard nylabone to chew on!

crazedACD

I would try a Water Buffalo horn too if you can, they are cheaper than antlers and YES they last! Maybe I will post a picture later of the one I have..with four dogs chewing actively on it. Dogs that have eaten through the Kong Wobbler and Tug a Jug. I do like antlers too, they hold up well. But the water buffalo horns are around $15 for the largest size?

Members online

No members online now.