Urgent Dogs - Do you crosspost?

Do you crosspost urgent dogs on FB?

• Yes

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • I'm hungry, but it's too late to eat anything...

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
Nope.

Maybe if a dog really spoke to me and was very local I might but most of the things that show up in my feed are from my Aussie friends so me cross posting isn't going to do much and to be honest I find it obnoxious more times than not.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Very very rarely. Maybe 1-2/year.

ETA: I do crosspost lost dogs if I'm pretty sure they are still missing and know someone in the area that, as far as I can tell, doesn't know about it.

DJEtzel

I do if I think there's a chance that someone I'm friends with could do something or knows someone who could... so usually just local crossposts, occasionally.

crazedACD

On my 'dog/gaming' account, sometimes. I'm friends with many crossposters. Every once in a while if it's a dog I'm really fond of I'll share on my main account.

I don't often share specifically "Urgent Dogs 2" posts though. I'm on a couple of herding dog crosspost pages and will share them.

CatStina

SBT Lover!!
Personally, I very rarely share urgents. I only share them if they really speak to me or if someone I know has met and can vouch for the dog.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Nope.
The vast majority are guilt trippy, vague and impossible causes with unknown histories from high intake shelters..somewhere. and of course it's all rushed and the dog needs to be out in like 24 minutes.

It's like the effect of putting a "go green! recycle" sticker on your car. Feels good, helping out, spreading awareness..but what are you doing really?

These dogs are crossposted 100 times by the same group of people, to each other, all over facebook.

Incredibly rarely I will crosspost a dog in rescue in a foster home with some decent pictures, a good character bio, known history/temperament who just needs some exposure and has TIME.

but the run of the mill "EMERGENCY NEEDS OUT NOW!" crossposts.. nope.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I don't. I might post a friend's foster or something like that somewhere. But that's far from an 'urgent' dog. And we definitely cross post local lost dogs around here. We had one a couple weeks ago and the cross posting on facebook ended up helping to find the dog.

thehoundgirl

No, I do not. I do if a dog speaks to me, but if they are getting pts the next day, I can't bare to see that. Usually when I share them they are rescued soon but this one pit bull I shared she didn't make it out. And people need to realize you cannot save them all. It does suck but that's the harsh reality of it.

Picklepaige

Yes. I have seen many, many lives saved due to crossposting, mostly from rescues taking in the dog, and they always have happy endings.

Why would you not? I care much more about helping to get a dog out a shelter than I do about being "obnoxious".

Picklepaige

Because you can't save them all and sometimes "a home, any home" is a worse fate than being PTS.
Doesn't mean I can't try to save as many as I can. I am a long time regular volunteer at the shelter I crosspost for, and I get to see updates on many of the dogs we've saved. Most of them are in very good, happy homes.

Not to mention most of the dogs in my shelter are puppies who would be killed because many people don't know that you can find puppies in shelters regularly, at least where I live.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Occasionally. Quite rarely though. 9/10 it's an English Shepherd or ES-y looking, as I have quite a few ES people on my Facebook.

Eta; the above isn't referring to specifically "urgent" dogs but dogs seeking homes in general. I think I've only ever posted a couple of urgent cases.

Yes. I have seen many, many lives saved due to crossposting, mostly from rescues taking in the dog, and they always have happy endings.

Why would you not? I care much more about helping to get a dog out a shelter than I do about being "obnoxious".
Know your audience.

I block people or defriend them if they cross post things like that on a regular basis. I'm not in a position to adopt, most people I know are the in Oz or local and not dog people. If I see a dog perfect for someone I would send it to them directly.

I find it annoying and know it's not going to do anything other than get me blocked. Also means the day I cross post something it will be meaningful. Just like when Sass and Sara cross posted the missing dog, I notice because they don't flood fb with cross posts. Or when Adrianne posted the senior the other day, I knew that dog /type is special to her and she doesn't do it often. I pay attention to those.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Nope, not usually. Mainly because most of the people on my facebook, I don't want to have a dog, because I know they can't handle the responsibility. I also fear that some of them would grab the dog and surprise me with it, I wouldn't be shocked. So really, me cross posting it would do nothing.

I will cross post lost dogs, though

Picklepaige

Know your audience.

I block people or defriend them if they cross post things like that on a regular basis. I'm not in a position to adopt, most people I know are the in Oz or local and not dog people. If I see a dog perfect for someone I would send it to them directly.

I find it annoying and know it's not going to do anything other than get me blocked. Also means the day I cross post something it will be meaningful. Just like when Sass and Sara cross posted the missing dog, I notice because they don't do that often. Or when Adrianne posted the senior the other day.
Maybe because I have many local rescue friends? I don't do it constantly; I mostly just share whenever my shelter's "pets at risk" page is updated, and I do share pictures my shelter posts of dogs and cats, even though they're not urgent most of the dog. I don't *think* I do it enough to be annoying. I just really bond with and love all the animals at my shelter, and I try to do everything I can to get them into good homes.

Members online

No members online now.