Maverick wagged his tail

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Ok, we've had Maverick for about a week now and so far he has barely wagged his tail. Well today I left him alone in the kitchen for a minute and came back and was SO happy that he didn't go potty that I was petting him and telling him what a good boy he was and all of a sudden he just started licking my face like crazy (another thing he has NEVER done) and his little tail was wagging a mile a minute! I'm so happy because I know now that he is really starting to bond with us and remember who we are and everything. I was sort of sad when we first got him because he just wouldn't wag his tail or give kisses like our other dogs do, I thought maybe he didn't like us. Now I can see that he was just scared and was warming up to us. I hope that he continues to give kisses and wag his tail with us more and more. He's such a happy looking little dog when he gets his tail going, it's funny.

Fran27

Some just take more time I guess. Tips was scared when we saw him first, but I'm sure he just thought he was going to move and be put in a cage all day again, without realizing that we were his forever home. Once he saw we loved him and took care of him, he was wagging his tail like mad. He's also less shy with strangers now.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Maverick is still shy around us and strangers but atleast now when we are giving him praise he understands and will get all happy and basically knock himself over as fast as he has his tail going. When we first got him I thought he was deaf because he wouldn't respond to anything (noises or voices) and now he is starting to respond to his name a little and to positive and negative changes in our voices. I don't know how he was raised before he came to us so the way he is acting now is probably a result of how he was raised the first few weeks of his life. I don't know how much human contact he had before us.

Members online

No members online now.