Big Dogs --- Big Fights

I would like to hear more about the CO2 extinguisher. I cant imagine fighting for long in an O2 deficient setting. The cold and the blast would be pretty shocking too I would think. Ive been around dog fights and the idea of even grabbing their legs doesnt appeal to me much. Those teeth are made to shred flesh and thats what I am for the most part. I cant see getting into that any more than getting in the middle of a knife fight. There are bear sprays (pepper spray with great range and volume) That I will consider if I ever end up with more than one dog of the same sex. It is illegal to carry pepper spray in many cities so use caution if you are out walking scruffy and someones dog gets aggressive, you may be in for a big legal battle. GOOD news is that I dont think they have outlawed CO2 fire extinguishers yet... I sure hope no one on the city board of Denver is reading this.

dani12

Dog fights are very scary. A few years back our neighbor brought his lab (not neutered) into our apartment (uninvited!). Our dogs (we had a chesapeake) didn't get along and we think it was b/c they shared the same yard and we think they had some territorial issues. Our dog was neutered but they still didn't get along. Anyway, the dog comes into our apartment and of course, they immediately go at it and my husband tried to break it up and it leads to stitches in his arm. Hobbes was okay though and that's what he was worried about. What we will do for dogs....My point is, you are very smart not to break it up yourself!!

pitbulliest

My dog was attacked by two rotties once..I didn't have a breaking stick so I just yelled at her to come and she did...lol surprisingly..and another time she got attacked by a dog (I know, what luck huh?)...I just grabbed her by the collar...I took my chance since she's a pitbull....but this is a dangerous thing to do..the other guy tried the same and got a nice big gash on his hand from his own dog....well guess who got blamed for supposedly starting the fight..ME~!~ UGH!

Anyways..breaking sticks work pretty well..and so do pop cans filled with rocks...when you throw it the noise is horrendous and I've seen it work on breaking a few dog fights..

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I think that is the point of grabbing the BACK legs if you do it properly they can't get back to bite you because they only have their two front legs they try to turn fast and they will fall.

Buckshot

From the fights I have witnessed those back legs dont stay in one place very long and if you miss your window of opporunity you may be looking a cranky dog right in the muzzle. I want a bit of distance lol. I wanna see Steve Irwin (crocodile hunter)do it first.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
lol Steve Irwin are you kidding lol he would just look at the dog handing off his arm and be like "oh hehehe seems he is not very happy with me right now" and stand there grinning like an idiot lol That guy is nuts lol.

Members online

No members online now.