Harness question?

furby

First time owning a dog that walks with a harness(minpin) and I just had a thought- he will need to wear a coat in the winter time for his walks- how do I use a harness when he has a jacket on? Is there a special jacket I can buy that accomodates this?

W

Whitedobelover

i havent seen a jacket but the first place tolook is online... check there... but... it dependson where you live if it gets super cold u can put one on your baby.. but if you live like midwest i dont think there is a reson to put one on but that isme... i live in the northwest where it is freezing cold in the winter HEHEHEHE... hugs..

M

Manchesters

The O.P. lives in Ontario....or so it says on her post.

Just put the coat on and put the harness over it. And don't forget something for the feet so the rock salt doesn't eat them up. You might have to get a little bit bigger harness for winter time to fit over the coat.

Doberluv

My Chihuahuas wear a coat only if it's below about 17-20 degrees F. But anyway, their coat has a little slit up near the collar area, a little in front of the withers, where you can run the leash through. I put the harness on and then the coat over the top of that if I have to take them on a leash walk. Usually it's off leash around here. And if it gets much colder than that, we skip the walks. lol.

M

Manchesters

Coats

Doberluv said:
My Chihuahuas wear a coat only if it's below about 17-20 degrees F. But anyway, their coat has a little slit up near the collar area, a little in front of the withers, where you can run the leash through. I put the harness on and then the coat over the top of that if I have to take them on a leash walk. Usually it's off leash around here. And if it gets much colder than that, we skip the walks. lol.
Unforetunately there are some situations where walks cannot be foregone. As in the case of a male Dobe when one lives in a huge city such as White Plains N.Y. I ordered old Fartblossom Max a nice Army Coat, and he would prance along when he had it one. He just KNEW he looked sooooooooooo handsome, rofl.

Members online