Dumb People

AnimalsAreforMe

Saint Bernard Mix Slave
I walk Pixie alot simply because I love walking her and she loves being walked. ITS FUN!!! But I ran into a few things yesterday that made me alittle mad.

1st off I was walking Pixie after i got home from school. And we have no busing so our options as students are to drive (lol if your car works!!!), get a ride, walk to the city bus stop which is pointless as its a long walk from the highschool, or walk home. Most kids walk home. Anyways I was walking Pixie and we come to this girl who is walking on the wrong side of the road anyways. But she gave Pixie a really weird look and then said in a joking way "what a ugly dog" and I just said back "I think she's adorable thank you very much". And then the chick just crossed the street so she could walk on the other side away from my "ugly" dog. Ok first of Pixie is not ugly if you know your dog breeds. Like I have said before she is BIG and she looks all saint bernard if not for her snout which is that of a labs. And so she comes off as a dopey kind of dog I guess but not ugly. But whatever that bothered me probley should'nt but it did.

The second thing that happened. Well I was taking Pixie for yet anouther walk we go up and down my road about 4 times a day and the dead end road across the street to many times to count and once again she LOVES IT. Anyways we were at the bottom of the hill and there were some people working on their house. Suddenly theses two Eskimo dogs run out on to the road barking and snarling and snapping and Pixie has her big self pushed right up next to me. I was almost falling over with this big dog leaning on me while im yelling at the dogs to get away. The owners yelled for the dogs and while I was walking i away I looked over my shoulder and the man was giving me a dirty look! Here's the thing about my neigborhood it seems only a select few of us keep our dogs on a leash. All the other dogs in the neighbor hood like to chase the bikers or other dog walkers. Its stupid on the owners part its the CITY not the country alot more chances of getting hit trust me.

The third thing really wasent so much about Pixie. But on my road there is a house I walk by with Pixie. And they have a dog who is constantly tied up around a tree with a dog house and it is always barking constantly wether someone is there or not. It is a Basset Hound/ Beagle mix as my other neighbor told me and it also tends to get loose and into fights with other dogs. It has the long body of a basset and the face and ears of a basset too. You would think it was pure bred only its legs are a few inches longer then they should be and he is tan all over except for a blaze on his face. His owners completely ignore him and I feel so bad for him. But in the cities eyes he is being cared for because he has food and a dog house.

I swear I have some real DUMB people in my neighborhood.

Becca_

chowchow
People are dumb. I find it so hard to walk my dogs because of it. So dont feel alone, my neighborhood is full of dumb people!

M

Manchesters

Have You

AnimalsAreforMe said:
lol it is good to know im not alone
Ever thought about carrying an aluminum baseball bat with you? If some of those stupid people thought you were about to bash their dogs brains in (even tho you wouldn't actually do it) they might be more careful about retraining their dogs. Once a dog sets foot off its owners property, it is a stray and belongs to no one....technically.

Y

yuckaduck

Manchesters said:
Ever thought about carrying an aluminum baseball bat with you? If some of those stupid people thought you were about to bash their dogs brains in (even tho you wouldn't actually do it) they might be more careful about retraining their dogs. Once a dog sets foot off its owners property, it is a stray and belongs to no one....technically.

True and being a stray means you have the right to protect yourself and your property by whatever means necessary.

dani12

We have loose dogs in our neighborhood also. Just the other day I picked my daughter up from the bus stop and the dog on the corner of our street came out. He's 1/2 pit and 1/2 lab. Our dogs have met him b/4 (b/c he's always loose) but he's not a dog I'm very comfortable with being loose in the neighborhood. Anyway, I'm walking with two dogs, my daughter and my son on a skateboard and out he comes at us. His owner, who is standing at the garage, says NOTHING. Didn't call him back, didn't acknowledge us, didn't say anything. I was pulling Jedi and Daisy b/c we needed to get home and didn't have time to visit but got no help from her. Just a little cooperation would be nice, especially in a situation like that. So I have to agree with you, people are dumb (except us!!) :)

Members online

No members online now.