helicopter pilots helping NewOrleans Animals

filarotten

Fila the love
Today Brutus turned 4 months. Got his shots, and microchipped and a good report from the vet. Since it was his last shot the vet said it would be ok to go to pet smart. We did. I might add Brutus was the mr petsmart socialite.
So much for the fila attitude.lol Anyway a couple was asking me about Brutus and I noticed they had a Pretty but very skinny wolfhound. I complimented them on her and he said he rescued her from N.O. I said I was glad to hear that they were getting shelters set up for the animals. His wife said no we did not get her from a shelter my husband is a helicopter pilot and he rescued her from the top of a car, and brought her home. He said who was going to stop him. He also said other pilots have done the samething. I was so happy to hear this I could have hugged him. There are good people in this world.

Oh, that's just wonderful to hear!

And Brutus' news is good too, lol. Shiva's like that too; she loves the limelight. It's the show-dog in her bloodlines. Brutus will come into some temperament as he gets older. It can happen in the blink of an eye. One day he'll be a silly puppy gobbling up every bit of stray attention he can, and the next day you'll have a dog who doesn't want a stranger in his personal space at all. Thanks to being well socialized he won't be a raving menace, but you'll notice a marked change in his attitude and he won't want people he doesn't know to walk up to him - or you.

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
Hats off the the pilots who are taking the time to rescue these evacuees also. Brutus will be well loved and may even get used to being pampered. Well done

filarotten

Fila the love
I am thinking about calling the news station to tell them this story. They are now posting animal info daily in Houston. I just wish I had gotten the pilots name who rescued the dog. Oh and while I was talking to them they mentioned how soft Brutus was so I told them where to buy their new wolfhound, good food. They bought a lot of stuff for her but were going to the feed store to buy her food. It brought tears to my eyes. She will obviously be well loved and taken care of. Yea 1 more dog saved.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
It's so great to find out there are good people in this century!!

That is just a wonderful thing to hear!! and I think calling the news and trying to get the story on the news would be awesome!!

yanya

Good human!

(Scratches chopper pilot behind the ears.)

Very good human! This story makes me happy. :D

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
AWWWW thats wonderful to hear. If you really think about it for every dog they rescue or god forbid passes away its likely that another dog will be rescued from a shelter to help take the place of the family pet they lost in this tragedy.

congratulations on such a valiant effort from the heli pilot

Members online

No members online now.