What do you say when...

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
People tell you one of your dogs is prettier than the other? lol

Poor Summer lately, the last trial I went to we had two people tell me Mia is much prettier. Then at the park the other day I had someone tell me Mia was prettier.

Poor Dum Dum.

My standard for when anyone says anything I don't quite know how to respond to is "Why would you say that?!" with anything from a slightly bewildered to a completely horrified look on my face depending on what they said. :D

ETA: Or "HUH!" An old boyfriend of mine once told me when he doesn't know what to say he just says HUH! and it's amazing how well it can fill in awkward silences.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
My standard for when anyone says anything I don't quite know how to respond to is "Why would you say that?!" with anything from a slightly bewildered to a completely horrified look on my face depending on what they said. :D

ETA: Or "HUH!" An old boyfriend of mine once told me when he doesn't know what to say he just says HUH! and it's amazing how well it can fill in awkward silences.
Haha I like it!

iriskai

I don't usually say anything, honestly. I'm usually just impressed if they recognize the whippets as dogs and not deer or kangaroos.

Ezra usually gets more attention because he's stripy. Poor fawn girl! Weirdest comment? A couple on the street was fawning all over Ezra (he couldn't care less.. he was lizard hunting) and the guy makes a comment about how much he likes Ezra's "skin" and how pretty it is... Oookkaayy, Hannibal...

I have ALWAYS been a big fan of "...Oh" and say it way too often. It puts the person in a deliciously awkward place.

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
People usually say Nola's my prettiest one, and since that's the truth I just agree. I did pull a "how DARE you?!" on one lady once. :p

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I've never had it happen, but I can imagine somebody telling me Payton is prettier than Auggie.
And I would straight up probably point to Auggie and just be like "But that one's better."

One time when Auggie was a puppy and in his ugly stage, I took him to the dog park with my sister and Happy and Kota. And some guy walked up and pointed at ugly puppy Auggie and said "Now THAT is a good looking sheltie." With Happy and Kota and my sister right there. I was mortified and offended all at once so I didn't say anything.

Red.Apricot

People will make rude comments about Zobby when we have both of them out. Someone once said, "Look! She has a beautiful dog, and he has a dog."

If people are talking directly to me I usually say, "Don't insult the fella!" They laugh, I laugh, we move on. Zobby doesn't care; he knows he's handsome.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Maybe it is because Mia is more striking. Her darker colours against the white stand out more than Summer's light colours.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
You respond by going on a long winded rant about how they're right, the pretty one always nearly gets stolen out from under your nose, but it's the ugly one you really want gone ASAP. Because she's so ugly.

In all non-tired non-jokiness, I have no clue. Never been in that situation. I like the huh answer.

Shakou

Most people think Ma'ii is prettier than Charlotte, which he is IMO! LOL Plain brown dog VS speckled colorful dog, there's no contest XD Even still though, it's Char that get's most of the attention from other people because she's such a people friendly dog, where as Ma'ii could care less about strangers.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I much prefer Summer's colouring. :p. MAYBE I'M WEIRD.
You also got to meet them. Everyone that meets them prefers Summer.

Hmmm I wonder why. :p

I do think it is the coloring. The one lady is a Belgian breeder so probably predisposed to liking black an tan.

Members online