Calling All Ferret Owners!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Ok guys, I know there are tons of you on this forum... show your face!
If you have ferrets, place here their name, age, colour, etc... and add a picture or two if you would like!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Figured I should probably start, LOL

First is Rascal, he is my 5 1/2 year old light sable mitt. He is my first ferret I ever got, and he has a special place in my heart.

Next is Renegade, he is my 3 year old chocolate sable. He came with Rogue (RIP) and can be a jerk at times, ok most of the time, but I love him.

Finally, I have Harley. She is my 2 1/2 year old dark sable. I have had her for a month, was offered her shortly after Rogue passed away. She is my first female ferret, and I truly love having her around.

Pictures of them are in my siggie!

Brattina88

:) me likey this thread :p

Well, first for me is Izzy aka Isabelle ... She's a 1yr old DEW (thats dark eyed white for the non-ferret folk). I had been researching ferrets like crazy (had one as a kid) and my roommates got her for me after a hospital stay. I'd seen her at the locally owned pet store, and fell absolutly in love. She had "reverse skunk" markings, buy she's roaned out and is all white with a lightly black tipped tail. She's a crazy climbing, halarious, jumping, child and water loving, deaf fert and I'm Crazy about her!!!

Next is Annie aka Annabelle. Amanda wanted a ferret pretty bad after I got Izzy. She did some research and we decided Izzy should have a friend as well. So, enter Annie - she's also about a year, dark sable. Fiesty, the smallest, but the biggest attitude!! Beware of the attack ferret! Lol! :p the guy at the pet store told Amanda she was a he, but when she got her home she was deffinitly female! :eek:

and we blame Peyton on Kayla. We'd only went to pet supplies plus 3 times in one day to see her. A champagne light sable color. She's the cuddly chunk, loves kids (like Izzy). Has the cutest white spit on her head - for kisses! Pey's pretty mellow for a young female! She's not even a year yet, I don't think.

Murtagh is the breeder ferret I was researching to get Before I got Izzy. I Never thought I'd get a 4th :eek: but he's so utterly adorable and perfect for the family. He's HUGE, and cuddly, and funny, and sweet... My first breeder, late alter, and male ferret. ;) 3 y o black roan mitt with the most kissable nose!! He is opening me to the ferret show world -how exciting!! I call him puppy sometimes, and big man. Because he's so big he can free roam much easier, and he lays with the dogs heh heh. He's starting to get pretty attatched to Maddie and Peyton :D he seeks me out on the couch for a quick snuggle an then back down to play :)

pics intye siggy!! :)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Porom is a DEW. Bought from a pet store (first and last time I'll do that) with her brother Palom (RIP). She turned 2 yesterday (happy birthday!) and still acts like a kit. She loves every ferret she meets, and is a hoot at the ferret frolics and when Jess' ferrets are around. She's extremely social with people and ferrets alike, and she loves following me around.

Barrett is a standard sable. Today marks one month since his gotcha day from the Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa. He came to the rescue with nine other intact hobs from a research facility in Montreal. Now that he's neutered and his hormones have calmed down, he's a great boy who adores other ferrets and loves giving kisses to people. He's super snuggly and loves his little big sister. ;)

Here's a pic of both of them, from a photo dump I'm about to do, haha:

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Casey (full name Cassandra Nukpana) is a sable siamese female. She was bought from a petstore as a present for me after I had been pining for a ferret for a year and a half. She's 5 years old now and she still loves to play. She was a single ferret for a year, so she isn't so fond of hard core wrestling and would prefer to play with a person. She's also kind of shy and while she isn't scared of new people, exactly, she doesn't like to go places and would prefer to not be pestered by new people. Her favorite toys are squeaky toys and rubber ducks!

Dameon (full name Dameon Micheal) was bought a year after I got Casey and I realized that having another ferret around would be fun. He is a cream/cinnimon siamese male, also bought from a petstore. He's four years old now. I picked him out because he was the only kit that would let me hold him without wiggling around and nipping. He turned out to have serious food aggression and while that is gone now, he does still have the habit of seriously biting exposed flesh, or trying to kill you if you make a high pitched noise (like laughter, or if you blow a whistle). But, he DOES let me cradle him like a baby without wiggling. LOL He's very friendly and was show and tell a few times for my younger siblings (first graders are in awe of ferrets). He loves to wrestle, but other than that he doesn't play much. He'll eat anything and everything and is terrified of the vacumn.

I love my ferti! <3

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Here's a couple pics of my Mika. She's a sable. I got her from a lady who couldn't keep her anymore. She's a little over 1.5 years old and she's a handful but I absolutely ADORE her

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
You can be honorary! <3
I WILL have ferrets someday, I just don't know when. I don't know how most apartments view them and I would need to be in at least a 2 bedroom apartment as I don't know how Frodo would be with them, so I'd want them to have a room of their own. And it will be quite a while before we can afford a two bedroom apartment that allows two dogs and ferrets!

So for now I will live vicariously through your pictures :p

Jayson93

Peanut, Skye, Ninja, Bear, Fuzznut, Roll, Pandora, Jackie, Dancer, Mewtwo and Pluto :p

I love my ferrets. What I hate is when people use them for ferret bowling thinking it's oh so fun smashing them into objects and walls. Freaking stupid. I know I would SURELY enjoy being thrown around like that. Must be so much fun! I'm sure all you ferret lovers agree with me! ;)

Members online

No members online now.