potty training?

hsmama

I have read most of the sticky...I have been working with new doggie for MONTHS...and I am still having potty problems:( I would LOVE any extra advice I can get here....
background- we have 2 dogs now- Poppy was rescued from the town pound 5 mos. ago- she is sweet, but has a habit of 'collapsing' if she thinks she's in trouble of any sort,I mean just folds into herself and won't budge.( we don't hit or scream, but things can be noisy in our house)
Potty was fine the first few weeks,but I spent a lot of time working with both dogs b/c dog1 is pretty antisocial in many ways. I don't know if any of this had anything to do with potty,but they got 'into it' twice' (never again)
but Poppy HATES her yard area,she either wants to poop on the deck,or my floor, rather than on her (long) walks or when we let her out to potty.
I've tried treats,praise,taking her out on the leash every.single.time. -she is crate trained,but at the rate we're going,she would LIVE in that crate if that's all I used to control this!Most times it takes a couple of weeks,and we're good- this is months now......
Right now she is leashed next to me in the house,otherwise,I'm stumped! I have had dogs for 30 years,and never had a potty problem like this one....HELP!:hail:

I am curious too

I'm sad you haven't got a response to this. I'm going to adopt a dog pretty soon and I want him/her to use the pooch pad like my little girl. I adopted her already trained so I don't really know how to do it. I also haven't done any research yet though either, so it might be easier than I think. I guess I'll head over to that sticky that you mention. If I have a hard time though, or no success, I'm going to consult a professional trainer. Maybe that will help you at this point. You don't have to train her to jump through hoops and bring you the paper. I'm sure a few hours to a week or so of professional training will be all you need.

Kilter

It would help to give us more information on what exactly you are doing, how often you're taking her out, when you take her out what you do and so on.

Members online

No members online now.