Long or Moderate or Short on your dog?

Akiro

Hero not Akiro anymore!
Out of all your experiences with each dog [long hair,moderate hair,and short hair](doesnt matter whether you ever experienced it or not)what best works for you/which do you like more.Like for long hair youd have to take lots of time to comb it out of the shower and have to bring it to the groomer more than the moderate and short.Or do you favor short hair having to comb it a little shorter than long hair and grooming it once in a while.Or the short hair just running through quick and easy and barely having to bring it to the groomer.

SO Long Hair,Moderate Hair,orShort Hair?

I like short hair best.

Ash47

Taco Dog
I like any kind. I have all three types too. Spud is Longhaired, Precious is about medium length, and Roxy Mae is short hair.

Akiro,
Are you an advertiser for puppyfind.com?? Do you know that a "well-bred" Doxie is not going to be sold for 125$? That is far too cheap to let a good purebred dog go. Not saying that our mixes aren't just as priceless, but, one should be willing to pay top-dollar for a top of the line dog. Please do your research. There are plenty of informative resources on this very website if you will just take the time. Are you already the owner of that dog or are you still just thinking about it?? If you aren't yet the owner, I would take a second and think about it. Were the parents of that puppy health tested?? If you don't know what I am talking about, then perhaps you should call your owner and ask her/him. Hope this little bit of information helps you out somehow.

Adrienne

I guess I perfer short hair like my APBT has, when she sheds it is little eyelash looking hairs so it isn't to bad. Katya requires soooooo much grooming to keep her hair tangle and matt free and she sheds all over my furniture pretty badly even when I groom her daily. I like short hair because it is less maintanance.

Melissa_W

I can live with all three types, but I think it prefer moderate length because you can brush them to keep hair from getting all over the place, but their hair isn't so long that it gets matted and takes forever to brush. The short hairs still get all over the place, and get stuck to your pants, which is one of my pet peeves. It's not as easy to brush short haired dogs to keep their hair contained. If that makes sense....

RD

Are you dead yet?
I prefer moderate to long hair. When long-haired dogs shed, the hairs are easy to pick off of clothes and furniture, because it's just a big long strand. When short-haired dogs shed, it's like little needles that stick into everything, and it's hard to clean up.

As for maintenance, with my job I have no trouble keeping any dog tangle-free. LOL.

Martine

Trained by an Airedale
Never thought about it before, but not really fussed - different types of hair have different pros and cons. I like Misha's furry look - just a big teddy bear, but when she's been trimmed and has her moleskin coat she doesn't shed - swings and roundabouts......

Irish

My 2 are both long haired, and they are both blowing their coats right now, so its kind of a bad time to ask! :eek: But, I do prefer the look of a long hair dog and what Melissa said is true - its easier to contain the hair because when you brush them it comes out in big clumps that you can throw away in the garbage. I used to have a short haired beagle/lab mix (RIP Odie) and when I brushed him you could see the little hairs flying everywhere!

Colby has very short hair. It doesn't get tangled, it is very easy to wash, but she sheds it piece by piece, so eventually those black pants I'm wearing to a violin concert have golden lines on them lol.
May has short hair too, but her hair usually comes off in tufts. It's easy to wash, but there's so much of it that when I'm brushing her, I can get a pile that's a foot tall just from one elbow and one hip! She is shedding a lot because it's summer.
Tippy has medium-length hair on her back and chest, short hairs on her legs, and long hair on her belly and tail. She is pretty easy to groom, she does occasionally get a tangle behind one of her ears, but all I have to do is comb it out. Her tail stays nice and poofy :).

Those are the coats I like lol! :D

Members online

No members online now.