Treat pouch recommendations?

krissy

I need a good treat pouch. I'm sick of the unfunctional ones that are always offered in pet stores. I hate drawstrings... they take too long. The last one I had I liked better than most because it had a magnet closure. Also it buckled around my waist so even if I didn't have belt loops it was secure. However these "pouch" types always bounce around when you run in agility.

I admit that I hate fanny packs. I'd like something slightly stylish... but if the functionality is perfect I can deal with boring.

Any suggestions?

(Must be available in Canada or from somewhere that will ship to Canada without costing my soul in shipping.)

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I still have yet to find a treat bag I like as much as my Terry Ryan one with the french hinge. It has a waist belt and a clip, too, so it doesn't flop too much, it's low profile, and the hinge keeps things secure when needed. :)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Pockets. :p

I had one trainer a long time ago that hated treat pouches so I still don't use them.

xpaeanx

Pockets. :p

I had one trainer a long time ago that hated treat pouches so I still don't use them.
I go back and forth... When I am training something new I know I will need a lot for: Pouch... When something I need focus on me: mouth... Doing "old" stuff: pockets.

I don't like to use pouches too much bc I've had dogs say if she doesn't have a pouch, she doesn't have food.... F this working business. So I like to keep them on their toes. ;) That said, I can fit a lot more treats in a pouch so that part can be really handy for new/hard tasks.

Elrohwen

I still have yet to find a treat bag I like as much as my Terry Ryan one with the french hinge. It has a waist belt and a clip, too, so it doesn't flop too much, it's low profile, and the hinge keeps things secure when needed. :)
Yep, this is the one I have and I really like it. I always think there must be a better one, and I look around, but I haven't found one that I like better.

I use pouches if I know I'll need a lot of food, and go down to pockets for older stuff. My dog doesn't seem to care either way, maybe because I try to switch it up. The pouch is just so convenient, especially when I don't have pockets, or have tiny pockets (it's so hard to get treats out of jeans pockets)

Sekah

The Monster.
I bought this and attached it to a belt thinger I had from my previous bait pouch. Free shipping. So far so good.

http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=727&ParentCat=54

E: the page lists it as having a pull cord closure, but I don't think mine has one. If it does, I've not noticed. I only use the magnet. I take it off if I'm running (agility) to avoid spillage.

E2: The hinge broke on my Terry Ryan pouch within a few weeks of buying it. It was a good bag and I used it for a good long while afterwards, but with a broken hinge it was pretty much useless.

SpringerLover

I am a die hard permier/pet safe treat pouch user. I had to 'upgrade' to the sport model when my old one died. My clasp lasted YEARS before breaking. This new one better hold up just as long.

I like the premier one. There's a divider in the middle, so you can have two kinds of treats. If my Terry Ryan ever breaks, that's what I would replace it with. I rarely use a pouch anymore though. I've gotten better at using pockets and Marsh is at a stage in training where I'm not using that much food. If I'm shaping something, I just use a cup and grab a handful.

krissy

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll check them out. The last one I had with a French hinge broke within days so I'm a little hesitant about that.

Members online

No members online now.