Disc dog folk, a question..

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
What discs should I get?

Fig and I have been playing with just the plastic free ones from pet events and she is a great catch but those discs get chewed up pretty quickly by the dragon so I'm wondering what I should move up to?

SaraB

I am a fan of Hero Discs. Airs are their cheapest discs, they are soft and do puncture easily. Super Aeros are stronger, don't really puncture and are light and floppier, great for young dogs. Super Hero's are durable but heavy.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I'm another Hero fan. I have a big disc killer in Kes, so I've tried a ton and my favs are the SuperHero and the SuperSonic Taffy. I usually buy blems for lower pricing.

Here's the photos of the discs: Disc Comparisons

SaraB

DJEtzel

I really like Hero.

I have three super sonics (taffy) for Recon and LOVE THEM. Very easy to float, somewhat puncture resistant (though Recon has a soft mouth it's getting harder), pretty consistent and easy to get out there. You need to have a fast dog for them.

I like the super heros decently, but I believe they are only candy, and I have heard that the taffy is most bite resistant. So the alternative would be the super aero, which I do not think I've thrown for my own dogs. Patton punctured his super heros the first session- they will probably last a month for me.

Jawz discs are FANTASTIC and while I only have one, it is the only disc I've used with Patton that doesn't get punctured. And he's used it for many months, taco'd it, etc.

Airs and super heros, and CS hyperflite discs are nice standard discs for dogs that don't have too hard of a mouth and don't taco discs. Super hero being the most durable, but IME, not worth it.

I second the blems- such a great way to get cheap discs, and combine orders with friends to get cheaper shipping. I just ordered the bag bundle where you can pick two styles of discs and their quantities (as blems) and they are cheaper than regular blems, and come with a disc bag. I ordered 12 discs I think, and the difference in price basically made the bag free. :)

Oko

Silence, peasants.
I have hero air 235 blems, I think ha. I really like them. I will say it took Feist a bit to understand they were discs just like the petco ones, she really didn't like them nearly as much in the beginning. And just as a reminder, you definitely want to put them up unless you're using them with her.

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
I have hero air 235 blems, I think ha. I really like them. I will say it took Feist a bit to understand they were discs just like the petco ones, she really didn't like them nearly as much in the beginning. And just as a reminder, you definitely want to put them up unless you're using them with her.
Thanks y'all!
All toys but stuffies get put away when we are not actively playing or she throws them at my face!

Members online