If there was a puppy...

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
When I got Cobain, I didn't even know that Border Collies came in yellow.
I was dead-set on a tricolour.

And yet, this was the litter

The 2 on the left were the top choices for me (Cobain being the one furthest left.)

As a whole it was a pretty laid back litter, but I was told Cobain was the best in terms of temperament and drive for my household. I was just so against the colour.

I've learned to love the colour. I am 100% happy with my decision to stick with him.

Looking at this picture now, maybe I'm a little biased, but I think Cobain had the best markings of the litter anyways.
Though this picture has raised the issue of if I could take a dog with such a wide stripe up the face...hmm.....

Aside from colour, exactly how perfect is this pup? And how often would such perfection show up? I mean, if he's a 1 in a million for the breed, then it might be worth fighting for.
But if these other characteristics are common of a well bred specimen, it may not hurt to hold it off for a while.

Doberluv

Get puppy.

To be honest though, the single obstacle to me getting a kuvasz is their poofy white coat. If they came in smooth and white like a dogo I'd go for it. If they were poofy and dark I'd go for it. But in this climate the white + poofy combo is exceptionally bad.

I'm still tempted to get one and dye it like this. Talk about a burglar deterrent. :rofl1:
No kidding! That's great!:rofl1:

Red.Apricot

I don't think color matters at all at all*.

The two dog colors I like the least are solid white and sable. I have a terv--they only come in sable! Even though I still think solid black is way prettier, Elsie is perfect, and she's the prettiest dog in the whole world.

You could always dye the puppy.

*for pet dogs; if there's a real working concern (too hot, too visible, whatever) that's different

Gypsydals

As long as the dog fits, the color doesn't matter. Case in point Ivan. 9 years ago when I contacted his breeder. I told her I was looking for a show potential liver , with lighter spotting. HAHA Needless to say I didn't get the coloring or the spotting I was looking for. On the day we took the 3 hour drive to see the litter. About half way there I told my husband I probably wouldn't be getting a puppy(he was not to pleased about that statement.) When we got there out of a litter of 8, Ivan was the ONLY one who got up to meet me. The rest of them just continued to sleep. During the 4 hour visit, he never left me alone. Needless to say guess what I over looked.

I would take any color within breed standard as long as the drive/temperament fit what I wanted.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
I would get the puppy, husband will learn to deal and asking forgiveness for a color is a really small thing.

Before I got Cara I wanted merle and flashy...I ended up with a minimally marked red bi and now I think she's the most gorgeous little thing ever.

I'd get the puppy, no question. In the end, color doesn't mean much to me (though of course I have my preferences).

Members online

No members online now.