Quillin vs Hill Top , collars & leashes

Kodiak

I am looking at rolled leather (with plate) collars for my boxer girl. I want something very simple and classic. Any opinions on the two companies listed? I am also interested in knowing if the leashes are soft, I do understand leather requires some break in. Would love some in put! Thank you!

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I haven't been happy with stuff I've ordered from Hilltop.

Have you checked out Master's Pride? Their stuff is amazing! :)

Kodiak

What specifically did you not like about Hill Top? I love some of the Masters Pride collars! Thanks for the tip :)

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
The Hilltop leather was extremely stiff, thick, and rigid. I tried to break it in but after months of use, it was still as tough as overcooked steak. I ended up giving it away. ;)

Toller_08

I have three rolled leather collars from Quillin and I love them. They are among my most favourite collars that I have. I also have two Hilltop collars. They are pretty but yes, beyond stiff. And I don't know if they would hold up well in water or mucky activities.

Kodiak

Thank you for the reply! I think I'm going to go ahead and order from Quillin. I think it will be a nice everyday collar. Off course with all the collar searching I did I have spent the last 2 hours designing collars from Ella's Lead! I'm in love with the Fring design and the custom monograms... Slowly working my way up to a Paco, I guess.

SaraB

I have one padded leather collar from Hilltop. Its stiff, yes, but it has held up incredibly well! Zip wears it daily, swims in a salt water pool or creek multiple times a day with it on. No color has run or faded and it still looks brand new. I am actually looking at getting another!

Toller_08

I have one padded leather collar from Hilltop. Its stiff, yes, but it has held up incredibly well! Zip wears it daily, swims in a salt water pool or creek multiple times a day with it on. No color has run or faded and it still looks brand new. I am actually looking at getting another!
That is great to know! My dogs do so much that involves getting dirty and so they barely wear their Hilltop collars cause I was worried they would get wrecked.

Kodiak

Received my rolled leather collar from Quillin today. I am shocked at how lovely it is! The nameplate is very well done and the leather looks great. What a great find! Perfect classy everyday collar!

Members online

No members online now.