trainer shaming

Dogs6

Plus One
I haven't been to dog training classes with Fudge in 3 years. I was speaking to my trainer today and she told me to come to the one next Saturday when I'm free. Then she told me that I could join the advanced class because that's the level I'm at anyway.... I haven't trained my dog ANYTHING since leaving her class. This should be a humbling experience. I'm praying that Fudges naturally good behaviour shines through haha. I'm taking Scamp and Aura as well hopefully so one of them should be good, right? Right??? *blows dust off clicker*

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
As long as I accept the fact that Tango is going to hate new people until they sit down and he can sniff them and that he's leash reactive to other dogs... He's doing fine! He's just not a dog for public consumption unless he can sit on my lap, people watch, and not have to meet people.

I never realized how lucky I was that he's totally cool with his crate and will sit for me off leash. Now, he doesn't have a solid "come" command but he doesn't like to be farther than line of sight allows for. I'm happy with the couch potato knowing "sit", "down", "paw" (which I didn't expect to get from him!), "dance", and he has a decent but not solid "wait". We're working on "roll-over" now and I basically have him at a very wriggly play dead as far as that goes, he just can't calm down on his side!

That said, we took him to a cook-out over the weekend and other than nipping at people who tried to go for a head rub without even letting him smell their hands, he did very well. Vigilance is key when you have 5 kids running around and a toddler that was taking food off of mom's plate to bribe friendship. Small groups are great! As long as he's ignored, he's happy to hop around, sniff people, and enjoy running around in the grass.

DJEtzel

Uhm, Recon and I have entered (and actually done ok at) 3 or 4 trials since the last time I had him in a class...

He hasn't been training in almost a year for agility, but we're still competing. :eek:

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
Tori is now 2 years old and knows nothing. Seriously, what the hell happened? Iv got this happy zealous brainy dog and I have done NOTHING with her. HALP

Members online

No members online now.