why cant anyone else

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
understand the dog besides me?
here is the scene..last night the whole gang came over just like they did when Victor was a puppy...when he was a puppy they were excited..each one tossing the ball and paying attention to him..he isn't much more then a puppy now..but he remembers and is excited they have come again.
They come in..and when he walks up to them it is get away get away...
because they want to watch a movie..
his feelings are hurt..he downs for awhile but is confused..i said can't you pet him..and it fell on deaf ears..so "wrapped up in the movie" they didn't even hear me or they ignored me if they did..
Victor got his toy and set it gently on the first Aaron's leg. He sat down and stared at Aaron's face for about 5 minutes...then came the ultrasonic high pitched one note..faint, but there..no response. so he takes it gently off of Aaron's leg and places it on the man that sat next to Aaron..he waited 10 minutes..no repsonse..finally that man looks down and shoves the toy to the floor. Victor is so happy for any repsonse that he picks it up and does a happy dance literally..then he set on David's leg..David..the only one put down his big hand and patted the poor dog on the back.
I was tired of trying to make him down stay..if they had taken even 5 minutes and played with him he would have gladly gone on to bed secure and happy. They think i made a big deal out of nothing..after all its just a dog..yeah..a sensitive, highly intelligent dog that once remembers when you all liked him..
not to mention the fact that it has been months since any of them have come over...i felt so sorry for him, they do not know how much they hurt his feelings.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Awww, I can definately understand that! The first day I got Riot, EVERYONE and their uncle had to come over and see the "cute little fluff ball". Now we're lucky if they drop by every now and then and hes only 11 weeks old! lol. Thankfully, my mom co-owns a dog agility club, so Riot will be making frequent visits out to see everyone there and play. :)

Becca_

chowchow
I understand exactly how you feel. I go thru that here with Princess. All she wants is 5 mins of someone's time, show them a toy, have them pet her then she's happy and goes off and lays down. But to many just ignore her and the toy she brings to them. I end up feeling so bad for her. My kids would do that and I always have to say "pet her". Just so sad to see them ignored like that.

That is awful, Smkie! They deserve to be reminded that "only a dog" has no meaning in your home, any more than "just a dumb kid" has! They should be ashamed of themselves.

Or better yet, subjected to the gentle ministrations of my two grrrrrls wanting attention ;)

Tippy doesn't allow people to not pet her...she nudges, and paws...and if that doesn't work, she wooowoowoos until you pet her...and if that doesn't work she'll try it all over again...and if that doesn't work...she sits there glaring at you. ....Everybody always pets her.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Vic did all that but was too polite to "make a scene"..he was so patient..he waited 10 minutes sitting straight up..with his ears perked..a very very very quiet pwaaeeeessseee see me...im still mad about it..can add to all the other things i have to be mad about today..today has not been a good Smkie day but life goes on.
Did i mention that i like my dogs more then almost everyone on the planet because THEY MAKE MORE SENSE TO ME!

Barb04

Super Moderator
I feel so bad for Vic. We all need to be loved including our pets. Doggie hugs & kisses to Vic!!!!!!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Thank you Barb...and everyone. when he was beginning to spazzz..i mean he had an hour of rejection by everyone in the room but me,,,i was by this time sitting back and observing the behavior..his and theirs..just watching it like a movie..anyway he came to me with his toy..i had him sit and down and starting the t-touch massage. It helped him connect with me and find it doesn't matter what those idiots think..his eyes softened and he put his head down on the floor with a sigh..when i was done he got up and went to bed staying there for the rest of the night. i didn't know what else to do.

Members online

No members online now.