What good puppies!

Saje

Island dweller
yesterday, we were away from home for.... 15 hours? with the dogs in the house. And we came home fully expecting to find some poop and pee. Nothing! Can you believe it????? What good babies. I think they like the new place. I was in shock. Especially because Nanook... well, we just don't know what's going on in her head. lol

We'll see what happens today. We left at about 9:20 and won't be back until about 12:30 am. It's unfortunate but that's the way it has to be for a couple of days. When I get my first pay cheque I'll drive out during the day but now we don't have the gas money for it. And our schedules are totally out of sync.

I don't care if they mess in the house btw. It's nice that they don't but I certainly wouldn't blame them for going! THat's a **** long time.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I had a little shnauzer that i wished would go ahead when i got stuck working double shifts and couldnt get ahold of anyone to let her relieve herself. She never would. Eventually i started taking her to GG because i was afraid she would get an infection from holding it so long. We ask so much of our pets to do things we could not do ourselves! If i left Victor alone for that long i would expect to see the house in shreds...i know the mattress would be for sure..probably the blankets too. that seems to be his main target when he has seperation anx. It took Mary three years before she was confident enuff to stay home alone, but she doesn't like it. She doesn't even like it if i leave her at GG's where she has vic, Shaffer, mom and Hyia. She grumbles all the way home about why i did that. I hope you gave your dogs big treats and bigger sugars when you found your home intact. You were lucky!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Congrats! Sounds like they take after CJ. I got CJ at 8 weeks old from a shelter and already housetrained. She has never in 12 years had an accident in the house. I'm so proud of her too! CJ is going to be 12 years old on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ash47

Taco Dog
Aww, I hope Nanook, Mikey, and Mav all got lots of luvin from you guys! I'm sure they did.

Barb,
We never attempted to housetrain Precious. She just did it on her own. The only time she has ever had an accident is when she would get sooo overly excited about someone coming over to sit with her or pet her, that she would let out a little tinkle. That's it. Happy B'day CJ!

bogolove

Barb04 said:
Congrats! Sounds like they take after CJ. I got CJ at 8 weeks old from a shelter and already housetrained. She has never in 12 years had an accident in the house. I'm so proud of her too! CJ is going to be 12 years old on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you going to get her a present and one of those cute little doggy cakes?

BTW Saje, that is so wonderful that they were such good puppies!

Saje

Island dweller
Oh that got lots of love. Mav and Nanook would have gone if they really really had to. I think part of it is that they only get fed once a day and I fed them when they got home... Mikey's the one that I would worry about an infection. He can't stand having to go inside. When he was neutered he held it in all day. And we took him outside and he had the biggest pee of his life. And he was still all shakey and swaying. lol

bubbatd

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! How they want to please !!! Shows that they are loved !!

bubbatd

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! How they want to please !!! Shows that they are loved !!

Staff online

Members online