Random question...

Dreeza

i was just browsin dogster, and saw a lab/whippet mix, that looked a lot like oakley...so i was like wait...thats weird, cuz i thought a whippet looks like a mini-greyhound...so i googled them...

anyways, yah, so, in all the pics of them in dog shows, or standing in that one 'stance' (i dont know anything about showing a dog) ...their tails are tucked in between their legs, and poke out beneath their bellies...at first i thought the dog was peeing! (then i enlarged it, lol)

anyways, just out of total curiosity...WHY do they stand like that??? is that just how they naturally hold their tales? ive always equated tail btwn legs...scared dog...

whatever, i think it looks bad...i saw some pics of ones just playing, and they looked so much nicer without their tails all hidden...

yeah, so that is my random question of the day...

Ash47

Taco Dog
Manchesters will be able to answer this question for you. I can't wait for the answer, because I have always wondered that same thing.

Y

yuckaduck

Yeah and I bet she could answer it I will email her with the link and ask her. I am very curious now too.

M

Manchesters

If you look closely you will see that most all Whippets have fantastic angulation in their hind end......what is known as "turn of stifle". They are also what is known as "well let down on hock" which means the lower leg bone between stifle and hock is almost parellel to the ground. Since the hind legs naturally lie way behind the butt, the natuarl fall of the tail puts it between the hind legs. Some dogs hold it closer under the belly. You can tell if the dog is frightened by whether or not the tail curves down at the bottom toward the ground, or if it is clamped up against the dogs stomach.

The majority of sight hounds do have excellent rear angulation, and so the majority of them have a similar tail position. I have seen many Whippets where the tail curves downward in the same way as the hind legs do, so that in profile you can't even see the tail. Unfortuantely I don't have any pictures of any of my Whippets standing still, rofl.

I am fighting with my darned computer. Spent about 5 hours on the phone with Microsoft last night, and a couple hours with my sister this afternoon. KILL THE COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

Manchesters

Arrangements

Dreeza said:
LOL, whats wrong with it?

and thanks for the answer!!! :)
I was making funeral arrangements for it. I had bought PC-Cillin from NewEgg that has a $25 rebate, so I end up only paying $7.99 for a $50 program.

Download was fine, but when trying to instal got ERROR 1606 about not being able to access a registry key. I spent about 8 hours total with Microsoft to no avail. This afternoon a 10 minute call to a girl from Trend Micro, and I had the answer. JUST DELETE THE FRIGGING KEY THAT THE PROGRAM COULD NOT ACCESS!!!!!!!!!!! Now why could Microsoft figure that out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am dead I spent all day at this computer.......literally. My back is crucifying me! Time for some Equate Naproxyn!

Everyone have a fun night. Oh, do you all understand what is meant by "turn of stifle" and let down on hock? If not when I can move and think again, I will post a picture that shows it. Or else, do a search on Ch. Sporting Fields Clansman. He was gorgeous. Won Best In Show twice at Westminster!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.