His and her dogs

RBark

Got Floof?
Kobe has always gravitated towards my SO's in the past, whenever I had them. He prefers girls way more than boys lol.

Ollie didn't give no cares at all who was who.

Priscilla was mine, no matter what. So is Syl. They are both velcro on me.

We are such outliers! The dogs are ours and we are equals in all things. I feed them most of the time but I also can't remember the last time I made dinner for the human members of the family so we're even there.

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
All the dogs are my dogs. Ru was kinda supposed to be my husband's dog, but Ru decided he was my dog. Every dog I have ever lived with has decided it was my dog.

My best friend has complained for years that her dog has always liked me better. When we moved in together for a year, her dog glued himself to me, followed me absolutely everywhere, and slept right beside my bed. Her dog also drives me absolutely up the ****ing wall, so living with me was very stressful for him, and he developed a horrendous marking problem that vanished the moment we stopped cohabiting. He's usually pretty aloof, but magically turns into a lapdog whenever I visit.

My college roommate's sheltie was similarly infatuated. When I was a kid my parents accused me of training the family cocker spaniel to follow me and obey only my commands and ignore everyone else (lol!). My foster dogs tend to get clingy and distraught when I leave them within a few hours of being home.

I'd really like for my husband to have his own dog, he would like to have his own dog. Finding that dog could be a tall order.

As he likes to split them up, the rotten ones are mine and the good ones are his. Which amounts to Smalls, Jonas, Shambles, and Elsa being mine- Jack and Magpie being his. Technically in writing that's how the split goes as well, however, they're really our dogs. I do considerably more in what is done with them, medical/any decisions, but I'm the dog lady. He loves them too.

Should we split that is how the group will separate, but we will certainly see all the dogs. Jack and Magpie may be his, but I'm not going to not have them part time or see them and vice versa.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Indy and Harrison are mine. They love my (I don't even know what he is right now, but we'll go with SO) but if I leave the room, they're right there. Enzo and Ozzy love me too, but Ozzy will consistently choose SO over me. Enzo is happiest when she's just getting to chill with one of us, but it's usually SO she's hanging out with, because she's not a fan of pointy brown dogs chewing on her.

If we split, that's how the split goes. I get Indiana Jones and Harrison Ford, and he gets Enzo Ferrari and Ozzy Osbourne. :p

noludoru

Bored Now.
Hudson is my dog. If it want for me, my husband wouldn't have any pets or plants. Basically, he can care for himself, but that's about it. Husband doesn't care what kind of dog we have, as long as it leaves him alone.
Can Hudson teach Middie that trick?

Middie is mine, He's attached to my hip and doesn't listen to anyone else. He's decided he's afraid of the BF, and the BF hates him anyway - for understandable reasons. They just don't click.

But in all seriousness, who likes Labs anyway? Doofy HERPDERP personalities that shed all over you, slime you with goo, and never stop to think? I DON'T understand the appeal and I live with one. Well, a Lab/Springer mix. I ask to pet pretty much everyone's dog when I'm in public and almost NEVER ask to pet Labs. I run the other way.

Dekka

Just try me..
The SO likes the dogs and plays and wrestles with them, but they're *my* dogs. When I walk away-they walk away. When I'm out of sight, they want to know where I went. Even if the SO is with them.

He's mentioned a few times he'd like his own dog-one that will follow him like mine follow me. He also recently said he'd like to trial a dog when I trial mine. So we may end up with his & hers dogs...
Just watch out they don't become your dogs anyway.. Every dog that ended up in our house ended up being 'my dog' unless I completely ignored the dog.

Michiyo-Fir

Nia is my dog and my boyfriend isn't at the moment able to get a dog. I had her before I met him, and I am responsible for her, for example if she needs vet care, I pay for it. However, if either of us gets another dog, it will be a joint decision therefore joint dog. We will both care for the dog and both contribute to food/vetting. He takes care of Nia too, but Nia at the end of the day is mine.

Michiyo-Fir

But in all seriousness, who likes Labs anyway? Doofy HERPDERP personalities that shed all over you, slime you with goo, and never stop to think? I DON'T understand the appeal and I live with one. Well, a Lab/Springer mix. I ask to pet pretty much everyone's dog when I'm in public and almost NEVER ask to pet Labs. I run the other way.
Can you please tell this to my boyfriend?? His childhood lab was his best friend, hunting buddy, side-kick, exploring partner.....he wants nothing but a lab... meaning our household will probably end up with one :eek: I don't hate them, I don't mind them, but I don't love them. Not my preference of build or coat type or drive.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Can you please tell this to my boyfriend?? His childhood lab was his best friend, hunting buddy, side-kick, exploring partner.....he wants nothing but a lab... meaning our household will probably end up with one :eek: I don't hate them, I don't mind them, but I don't love them. Not my preference of build or coat type or drive.
He never had to clean up after it, I bet. And never got his dress clothes slimed on the way out the door. Never had his customers ask what kind of pet he has because the fur just wont come off. Never apologized to (non-dog) company about the fur covering every surface. Never bathed and blow-dried the dog every two weeks just to cut down on the shedding. He probably never had to deal with it in public or around other dogs as a young adult.

Your BF needs to foster one before actually adopting one. It needs to be a joint decision, because IMO it's a lot like living with a smaller Beethoven. :rolleyes:

Can Hudson teach Middie that trick?

Middie is mine, He's attached to my hip and doesn't listen to anyone else. He's decided he's afraid of the BF, and the BF hates him anyway - for understandable reasons. They just don't click.

Hudson isn't super great at it. He would prefer to hang out with me, but sometimes I think I upset his delicate sense of right & wrong, so he'll go sit on the chair with my husband and stare at me. We're pretty sure he is trying to make me jealous. Hudson also likes standing on my husband's feet. I tell my husband that maybe if he didn't have jumbo feet it wouldn't be a problem

monkeys23

He never had to clean up after it, I bet. And never got his dress clothes slimed on the way out the door. Never had his customers ask what kind of pet he has because the fur just wont come off. Never apologized to (non-dog) company about the fur covering every surface. Never bathed and blow-dried the dog every two weeks just to cut down on the shedding. He probably never had to deal with it in public or around other dogs as a young adult.

Your BF needs to foster one before actually adopting one. It needs to be a joint decision, because IMO it's a lot like living with a smaller Beethoven. :rolleyes:
Oh man, so true! I told my bf jokingly that I wanted to raise a guide dog pup in the interim to see how the whole lab thing goes. He just says oh it'll be fine because my old lab Lizzie was super chill and a good hunter... Hah, I've met enough labs that I know better, not all are like that!

Michiyo-Fir

You're probably right, he probably didn't. They also lived on a farm and his dog lived outside in a heated dog house so probably a lot of things like hair and slobbering on nice clothes didn't apply. But he just loves the super friendly, in everyone's face, everywhere dogs... His biggest complaint about Nia is that she's not friendly with other people, other dogs, don't want to wrestle with him, etc. But don't worry, we're not adding any dogs any time soon, his dreams of the perfect lab will have to wait.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I love Labradors. <3 Everything Nolu described is correct....but that's why I love them! :D I will say the slime is only an issue when food or toys is involved and the hair isn't absolutely horrible if you color coordinate. LOL

Well, I'm the reason we have dogs, but technically they are shared. SO preferred cats before we met. I do most of the training and the work with them. He does some of the snuggling. They do listen to us both, but are a bit more likely to listen to me. I think that bums my SO out sometimes, but most of the time he really doesn't care.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
My SO was a bird enthusiast, he has owned dogs in the past, but he doesn't love them go the extent that I do.

I tell him he can have as many birds as he wants as long as i don't have to care for them ... birds (except chickens) scare the crap out of me.

Members online

No members online now.