If you die...

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I have thought about this a lot.

Psyche would go to my parents, but mostly my dad. She would help him through what would be a really tough time, I am sure. And they have a pretty strong bond already so I know she would be okay.

Simi, on the other hand... I don't really know. My SO says he wouldn't take her, but I think he would change his mind if the situation played out. My parents (my mom, specifically) would not take her. And if she had to, she could go back to her breeder to be placed. In fact, my breeder would likely prefer that. I honestly don't know what the best situation for her would be.

All of this though is based off of people just thinking of what they'd do. I think it would be different if it actually happened. For example, my sisters male Mini Aussie irritates the hell out of me, but I would take him if I had to in this situation, because he is my sisters dog, you know? Which is kind of why I feel like Simi would stay with my SO or at least go to my parents.

JacksonsMom

If I died...

Joey would probably go to momto8 since I trust her to make the best decision in placing him if she decided she didn't want to keep him.

Bamm would more than likely stay with Josh.

Cricket would be first offered to my friend Anneliese. Josh would probably be willing to keep her but I really would want her in a home where she is actively training, competing in stuff etc. josh wouldn't be able to provide that for her.

Itztli would go back to his breeder.
Can I take dibs on Cricket after Anneliese? :p

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Ziva would probably stay with my husband, maaaybe my parents.

Kestrel, I'm not sure, but my husband is likely. Maybe one of my best friends.

Snipe would definitely stay with DH; she's his dog really.

Aeri would likely go back to her breeder.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
If I died, I don't think DH would keep them. He might keep Bubby since she's so easy, but he travels constantly for work so it would be difficult. So realistically Bubbles would probably be taken by my in-laws. Kimma oddly enough has some people who like her so I'm sure she would find a place with someone who does agility. Jari I have no idea LOL. He's super high energy, and I'm kind of his breeder so yeah. I would hope that he would find a sports home, but since no one really knows him yet because we haven't started competing, right now that probably wouldn't happen.

If we both died, same as above except Bubbles would go to the in-laws or back to her breeder.
If you die I want Jari. And now I have a murder to plot.

I have thought about it, but if honest...I can't think of one person that would take them. I would hope my parents would at least take Knarly, since he is all ready up there in age...but I can confidently say that is where it would end. And I really couldn't fault them there either, as they are up there too and couldn't handle much more than that.

It's not an answer I like, but it's sadly the likely one.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I think about this a lot, as morbid as that sounds. Not because I anticipate anything happening, but because it scares me to death to think of them not having everything already worked out if I were to die.

Riff would go to my brother, I think. I asked him a while back and he said he'd absolutely take him. Now he has a dog of his own, though, and that dog hates Riff. I don't know how realistic it would be now for him to take him. :(

My mom adores Riff but couldn't give him the exercise he needs. Maybe I will ask if they could work together on it - Riff could live with her (and her dog, his BFF) and my brother could take him out for exercise and adventures.

I wouldn't want to rehome him. When I took him from his old owners, he was an absolute nightmare of stress and anxiety and chaos for MONTHS. I fear that even the best intentioned people would give up on him before he settled in.

Rowan... Rowan would go to my mom, and I would trust her judgement on whether he adapted okay to life without me, or if it would be kinder to euthanize him. The dog pines for me and won't move from the door when I do something as simple as run errands. I'm afraid that if I was gone permanently, he couldn't live happily. He loves my mom (and she, him) and she would care for him well, so that's the best option.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Given how uncertain life can be, no matter someone's age. I what happens to the pets is something everyone should think about. If I died, fiancee would take them, if we both died in some freak accident, my parents would since they sometimes watch them anyway when I have to leave for work. If things got really bad, the puppy would go back to her breeder and they would just keep Josefina. That's the one problem with shelter adoption is there is no cushion like there is with a good breeder.

I posted this question on FB - multiple people called 'dibs' on my dog. 1 person called dibs on the beardie, and 1 person on the fish.
Nobody wanted the snake or cats lol. Good thing I'm not dying!

If it's just me that dies, Ditto and Corvus will stay with Jeff.

If we both were to die, I would want Corvus euthanized and cremated, and his ashes with me. He is not an adjustable dog - him living out his remaining years with someone else would just absolutely not be an option. Ditto would go back to her breeders.

SpringerLover

My mom would keep Bailey. I'm sure someone would take Gabby if Tim won't. My cats are my biggest worry. I don't have anyone to take them.

I said I would take or at least help place a friends cats if she dies. I hope she would do the same for mine.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
If just I bit the dust, boyfriend would keep Penn but she would live a very different life& he would struggle to keep her exercised. I can't imagine he would ever give her up though!

If we both bit the dust, she would either go to Briar's owner or back to the breeder to be placed. I know a few who would want her, but I have no plans in place for mass death of Gar& I so she would go back to breeder until plans could be set in motion.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Thinking more on it, I bet Abrams would become my Dad's dog if something were to happen to both DH and I. He likes good ol' boy Retrievers and Abrams is certainly that. They'd struggle to keep him exercised and well behaved while he's young, but in upcoming years when Abrams is more sane (and when their current dog crew is senior age/have passed on), he'd work out well, I think. He'd live a very different lifestyle and he'd probably never be that "perfect" fit due to his drive to work and learn, but I think Dad would enjoy having him around. When I visited one day, Dad asked if he could take him outside and "if he'd listen" - I said, sure, just make sure he doesn't chase any cats and Dad took him out and they had a blast with one another. Dad would be able to keep him in line, too, and handle him physically.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I posted this question on FB - multiple people called 'dibs' on my dog. 1 person called dibs on the beardie, and 1 person on the fish.
Nobody wanted the snake or cats lol. Good thing I'm not dying!
I would take the snake ... as long as it's not a python or boa or anything else that will get giant. You would just have to leave instructions on how to care for it :)

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Siri would go back to Lynn (breeder) whether it was just me or whether it was Ryan and I both. Even if he wanted to, Ryan couldn't provide the mental/physical stimulation that Siri needs to be happy. I don't know of anyone locally who would want her, well, the one person who would probably legit take her, isn't in a position to because of the household conflict it would cause.

And then there's Frodo. If both Ryan and I die, he will be euthed. Whether I actually told her, or whether it's just implied, I expect Megan to make sure that is what happens. If just I die, Ryan knows that he can keep him if he wants to/thinks he can provide a good life for him, and that he has every right/responsibility to euth him if he doesn't, and that it's not something he should feel bad for choosing to do.

If I were to die, my mother would most likely keep Heidi and Sassy. Heidi is perfect and easy, and could transition to a new home easily if shewasn't able to take care of her. I have a couple people that would take her in a heartbeat. My mom would keep Sassy, I just worry that she wouldn't get the medical care she needs.

I don't know about Jack. He has behavioral and medical issues that I wouldn't pawn off on anyone. I'm sure my mom would try and see how it goes, but would euthanize if it come down to it.

Missy is very much my mother's dog, so nothing would happen to her. My mom and I have agreed that if she were to die, I would have every right to euthanize. I think I would try and see how it goes, but I feel like it wouldn't go well.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Sort of in limbo now, but if anything were to happen to just me, I would expect my SO to keep Indy, and Harrison would go back to his breeder. If something happened to both of us, I really do need to write all this down, but Harrison DEFINITELY would go back to his breeder, my mom would probably take Ozzy, otherwise he would have to be pts because of his aggression issues. One of my siblings would take Enzo, preferably my younger brother or sister because they wouldn't let her get fat. Or Zoom can take Enzo.

If Sael was willing she could take both Ozzy and Indy, but if she couldn't take both, I'm quite sure someone from my SD group could find a placement for Indy. A fully trained, four year old SD that's laid back, and alerts to migraines, seizures and is quite heavily task trained wouldn't stay homeless long. My therapist would probably actually want her lol.

Enzo would definitely need some adjustment time. She's a needy dog, and if she lost both of us, she would be devastated. Ozzy would be upset as well, but I think he would cope better than Enzo would. Enzo was a whiny mess this year when we went on vacation and left her with my mom, she took about three days to chill out, and she loves my mom and my moms house. I would honestly prefer if my mom took both Ozzy and Enzo, but I don't know if she could handle four dogs (she's got two Boxers) but both Ozzy and Enzo are couch wranglers these days, and she could probably handle them just fine.

She loves Indy, but Indy is entirely too much dog for anyone in my family or any of my friends. I would prefer she be placed in a home where she would get to do some sort of work, or as an ESA even, but hell there are a few people on here who would probably be happy to take her in and make sure she landed on her feet.

It would probably take Chazzers help to get Harrison back to his breeder anyway :p

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
I've said for years that if I died, Brisbane would be euthanized. At this point my husband knows him well enough to handle him, but I'm not sure if Briz would be able to take it. I've never left him for more than two weeks, and he tends to get depressed to the point where he stops eating and just mopes 24/7 until I get back. In the last couple of years I finally found some dog-savvy friends who I would also entrust with my personal danger to society.

Ru has multiple godmothers, and my husband has also gotten pretty attached to him. My mom might also want him, he's quite popular for a dog who wants nothing to do with most people.

Uly would go back to the rescue, who may decide to euthanize him rather than place him.

The evil cat would go to my husband's father, the retarded ones would probably go to my parents or sister.

The birds, turtles, gecko, and newt would go to my friends who have a sanctuary.

Members online

No members online now.