nearly attacked

becca_4321

I took Gracie out for a walk this evening.There was this little dog, looked like a manchester mix running loose in the yard while the owner was in the garage. The dog barked at us the hole time but the owner yelled at it and kept it from coming at us. We got in front of another house thinking it was safe now and all at once this dog is charging us in attack mode! Growling and snarling at us. I pulled Gracie close to me real quick, the owner heard it and came running out of the garage yelling at the dog. The dog then turned just before getting to us and went back to the owner.

Just makes me sick that I cant even walk my dogs without someone's dog running loose. And now today, one charging us! Gracie was great. She never growled or barked. She was startled by it all and acted scared. Poor girl. She loves her walks and that's the only route we can take right now.

pitdog

wow that is scary i would of been just as scared as you. you and me would of done every thing to protect our dogs

becca_4321

we have the laws but people dont go by it and nothing is done about it. This dog runs free most of the time. It's come at us before but not like what it did tonight. That thing charged us like it wanted to rip Gracie apart. It had me worried. The way the owner came running and sounded, he must have thought the same thing. Gracie is still a puppy. She is bigger than the dog which came at us, and even though Gracie looks big, she's still a baby. She doesnt bark and growl at other dogs. She minds her own business. Hopefully the owners of that dog will watch it closer now. I will say most of the time when the owners seen us coming they have always been good to hold the dog and let us walk past. Hopefully from now on they will.

Susi

hi Becca and Gracy,

I am so sorry to hear that you had such a fright. Owners who have not got their dogs under control or know that they are unreliable should keep a close eye on them. My two are very socialized and have loads of doggie friends. They are from jack russell to great dane. They run free and hear very well. We have lovely walks in Holland and even on the coast there are so many dogs running free. I have never had any problems with others or mine.

Take a small water pistol with you when you go for a walk it might help keep them others away.

Love Susi

Buckshot

People only care about themselves. I bet that guy would have been a little more on the stick if his dog was going after an adult pit or any breed of larger dog for that matter. I dont think that I would hesitate to give an aggresive dog a shot of habenero (bear spray) in the eyes if it came after my pup, thousands of mail carriers cant be wrong. ---In my best high speed lawyer disclaimer voice>>>-Check with local laws before carrying or using such products. It is legal for government employees to use these items for self defense because their health and safety is more important than that of the general public.-<<<<

becca_4321

If a owner is with their dog and it's obvious the dog is friendly I will stop and let the dogs say their hello's. The ones that bother me are dogs running freely 2 blocks from their homes and the owner is no where around.
The story of the dog that came at us last night is it was a stray. The people took it in to find it a home. I dont know if they cant find it a home or if they've decided to keep it. The dog is not a friendly dog at all. They live next door to my sister, she complains about this dog too. For down it's the only route we can take for our walks.

Barb04

Super Moderator
That's the one reason I don't walk mine much because of other dogs that may be loose. I'm glad I have the fenced in yard for them to run around in .

Members online

No members online now.