Where are your dogs from? Where do you plan to get your future dogs?

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Teagan is from a some what reputable breeder.

Mitsu who passed away in September is a dog that I privately rescued and decided to keep because she had a serious heart condition and Mitsu and Tyler fell in love with each other.

Future Boerboel pup who is not born yet, but should be born this summer is coming from a reputable breeder from Ontario.

After I get a Boerboel pup if the right terrier shows up in a rescue or a re home situation I might be all for it. Tyler would love another Pit bull or bully cross, but I don't see that happening any time soon. But we will see. He really meshes well with those Bullies.

momto8

Ace was from a farmer in IA that had a couple of working aussies and he would have a litter every few years.
Dutchess was a rehome of CL in CO.
Sierra was a rescue from KS, her parents were left outside to breed at will and a girl stepped in to get them all into the collie rescue and offered us to take Sierra.
Roxy was from a guy in AR that had working pyrs and had bought a girl for his sheep and she was preg when he got her.
Gunner was from a byb in CO.
Kiley is from a decent breeder in IA.
Courtney is a rescue that was pulled from Canada and brought back to OK. She was kept in OK for a few years and then we took her home with us.

Our next puppy is coming from a reputable breeder and our next puppy after him will either be from a reputable breeder or a puppy from our boy if he's as great as we imagine him to be <3

k9krazee

Crossbone - Rescue 600 miles away!

living with my parents -
Jack - local rescue
Mini - BYB

recently passed-
Micki (Mini's brother) - BYB
Kyra (Mini's pup) - litter planned by my parents/BYB

ETA - No next dog for a very long time. We're very happy with just Crossbone at this point. But I like young adult rescues.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
After I get a Boerboel pup if the right terrier shows up in a rescue or a re home situation I might be all for it. Tyler would love another Pit bull or bully cross, but I don't see that happening any time soon. But we will see. He really meshes well with those Bullies.
Tell him to consider a Deckers RT or a Patterdale, they share a lot of gamey pit bull traits.

joce

Byron my dobe came from a breeder on the east side of cleveland (think anyway, my mom drove) and she showed the parents and if I remember correctly health tested. I was just in pup crazy mode so thats all I cared. They were an accidental litter though and they were getting out of dobes and into weimaraners or I would have already gotten another dog through them! Byron has been great temperment and health wise and I could not ask for more. I think he is thirteen this year,I have to dig up his papers. Maybe twelve.

Gizmo was from quarter horse congress but her parents showed to. I think busy B was her lines if I remember right? the lady I boarded with picked her up when she was showing her horse and she never could train her to do ANYTHING so my mom traded her for my horse:( Now I have a fifteen yr old cogri who just now has a recall......sometimes.

Blitz was one one of many pets that a girl on a horse forum was going through. showed chaz the pic and we drove to VA in one day to get him. Got home at 3am.

Future dogs?

I plan to have another dobe when everyone passes and it will be from a breeder. Chaz loves corgis so I figure he will eventually get another one, we have a large corgi show here and he has talked to a few breeders. Dogs seem to just find us to though so who knows. If we have kids I will have a lab!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Crossbone - Rescue 600 miles away!

ETA - No next dog for a very long time. We're very happy with just Crossbone at this point. But I like young adult rescues.
Can I just say, I'm so happy that you guys got him, he just sounds like he's the perfect fit for y'all :D

Now, I believe you've been lacking in the photo department...

Earl - GSD, was a BYB dog. Bought him out of the newspaper when I was in middle school

Peco - Rescue. He was brought up from Texas by another family. After having him about 4 days they decided they didn't want him and were afraid that their kids would pick up hookworms from him, so gave him to a rescue. We picked him up a few days later.

Hudson - ES. He is a breeder dog

PawsibleDogs

Crazy Dog Nerd
Dewy (Sheltie) - puppy mill
Rio (Sheltie) - puppy mill
Merlin (Sheltie) - breeder
Potion (BC) - breeder

I'm not sure where my next dog will be from at this point (or what breed). I have/had some hope it'd be a Merlin puppy, but another dog in the next few years isn't particularly likely.

Shakou

Charlotte: Was a stray dog that ran into the open door of a friend's house that my husband was staying at in Nashville, TN. My husband got attached and kept her.

Ma'ii: A former ranch dog in NY that we found on craigslist and adopted.

In the future, it's up in the air really. I would like to atleast once in my life get a puppy from a breeder, but I firmly believe the best dogs are those that find you.

Smalls and Magpie are from pounds, Jack and Jonas are from a rescue, and Shambles is from the same uterus as Squash. Elsa is a private foster saved from a rescue.

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
Past dogs

Bruiser- GSD From a breeder I was too young to remember exactly who we got him from, got him before I was born. PTS when I was 4-5 years old

Bandit- ESS from a BYB again I was too young and we had her before I was born. PTS when I was 5-6 years old

Jack- Aussie from a BYB who had hopes of breeding for the show ring but quickly got out of Aussies after that one litter is now showing another breed in AKC conformation. Got him when I was 7, PTS when I was 22 years old

Current Dogs

Kechara- Aussie from a BYB my parents got her for me when I was 14 as a Chrsitmas gift.

Hawkeye- Aussie, fist time I got to choose the breeder, from a health tested versatility line breeder with Conformation and Stock titled dogs lots of Duel Ch in the pedigrees. A gift from my mother for my 21st birthday (I could have anything I wanted even a trip to Europe and I chose to find myself a new performance/show puppy)

Lark- Aussie, from the same breeder as Hawkeye. Got her Christmas of 2010, no she wasn't a Christmas gift lol.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Sally-dumped at my work
Jack-breeder

Future dogs-not sure. I'd like a lab from a reputable breeder, but DH wants a whippet. We'd both like a retired racing greyhound. I can't rule out rescue though too. It really depends on where we are in life at the time.

noludoru

Bored Now.
I bought Middie from my neighbors who are terrible dog owners. He's mellowed out and become a really well-behaved adult, but he was a monster when I got him. :p

Future dogs will ideally be rescues, or perhaps even a breeder holdback. I don't want to get a puppy. I doubt I'll find what I want in rescue, though, as I'm going to be very specific about coat type.

DJEtzel

My boyfriend got Frag from a byb.

Bailey (rehomed to my parents) was adopted from a shelter I worked at.

Sir came from animal control.

Recon came from a reputable breeder.

I will probably never adopt another dog from a rescue/animal shelter again. I will likely only go to more reputable breeders because of the negative experiences I've had with adopting dogs, personally. It's just easier for me to start with a puppy with a knowing of what it will turn out to be. :)

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Dogs that we had when I was younger:
Sam: BYB Lab. Passed now.
Abby: Planned BYB litter by my parents out of Sam ^. Kept as a hunting prospect. Was actually a very skilled rabbit dog. Passed due to a heart condition.
Oliver: DalmationxGSPxPit? Found on one of our farms, left by migrant workers. Passed.
Jack: Cocker Spaniel, Rehomed to my sister who was showing in 4H by a friend who's son was done with dog showing. Came from a breeder, but don't know if it was reputable.

Dogs I have now:
Harlow: Boxer. BYB before I knew any better.
Rider: ACDxBC. HeRD of WY rescue in Wyoming.

Future dogs:
Futurepuppy is an ACD from a reputable breeder planned for 2014. Josh is planning to get a Griffon sometime in the next 4-6 years from a local, reputable breeder. I will most likely always have a Bullie or a Boxer, always an ACD, and we will always have a bird dog for DH.

Members online