Naughty exceptions to normal behavior?

Lyzelle

Quinn is fantastic 98% of the time. Completely dependable and can work through just about any distraction with a relative amount of ease.

But her mom and our breeder/trainer are the exceptions. She simply cannot work around Fiona. Or exist around Fiona. She harasses her and rough houses with her for hours while Fiona just puts up with it. No amount of redirect or straight consequence (like removing one from the situation) helps or curbs the behavior at all. As far as Quinn is aware, her dam exists solely as her fluffy play toy and Fiona doesn't fight it.. They can't be together or be worked together.

And our breeder/trainer is like the cool grandma with treats and fun stuff to do all the time, obviously. She cannot stand to be separated from her. If she knows she is in the house, and she can't get to her, it's the end of the world. She will not settle in her kennel, she won't settle anywhere, she reacts to everything 10x worse than she normally would(like strangers), constant whining, etc. Just like a kid who is so attached to Nana. The problem with that being, we can't just let her scream it out and not get her way in her kennel or a separate room of the house. Which means she gets out, gets her way, and the behavior continues. Screaming = I get out.

Now obviously the best solution is to remove her from the house as a whole, move to a separate training facility, etc. We are waiting for the holidays to be over because there's some pet sitting and such the house needs, so until the First of the Year, I have to put up with the behavior. And it is slowly but surely driving me crazy because I feel like it is going to start seeping into and destroying the rest of her training.

Members online

No members online now.