Oy Pacos....

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I have two Paco leather leashes. They are very lovely, soft and both are my go-tos depending on what collar she's wearing. Customer service was average, not bad but not super spectacular, but I like that they are open to bartering.

I would love a Veronica for Quinn. I've been drooling over that collar for years! The price is definitely a draw back though and I am wary of it darkening too much (I like tan on Quinn). Maybe some day.

He HATED wearing it! He would see it and hang his head, they only collar he ever did it too, ever, it's almost like he couldn't turn his head without it digging into the sides if his neck so he didn't want it near him.

Lizmo

Water Junkie

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Oh wow! I love that wider collar on Gage.
I do too! Though I'm a sucker for a big collar on a bully and/or short haired dog. Harlow sports a 1.5" collar.

I'd love love love to have a Paco for the Nub. Not so much for the ACD's, as I have a weird thing with the double coat breaking and leaving a huge line.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I absolutely LOVE them.... seriously going to be getting more. The price is expensive and it does prevent me from buying them as often as I would like, but I do think that they are worth the price. The quality is nice and the fact that they will fix it/lifetime warranty has me sold. I have a lot of collars for Cricket, but most of her collars irritate her skin. Cricket's Paco is the only collar she seems to be able to wear for an extended period of time without it causing her skin irritation. I got her a tan and it has darkened up a bit which is unfortunate as she looks good in tan, but she still looks great in it darkened up as well.

Here is Cricket's custom paco when it was brand new

editedPaco1 by Paws It Photography, on Flickr

editedpaco2 by Paws It Photography, on Flickr

cricketpaco4 by Paws It Photography, on Flickr

Another paco I have I got from the PCANSA group page that was mentioned earlier in this thread. It's a gently used recycled collar and I love it.

editedjojo2 by Paws It Photography, on Flickr

editedjojo1 by Paws It Photography, on Flickr

Also have a paco leash that I love though it's a little wider than I prefer so I don't use it often.

I do too! Though I'm a sucker for a big collar on a bully and/or short haired dog. Harlow sports a 1.5" collar.
Same here. I almost exclusively use 1.5" collars on my dogs. I only used 2" on my Great Dane. I think most smaller widths just aren't big enough for bigger necked dogs. Maybe that's because I only use wider collars and have for years now. So I might be just a bit biased.

JacksonsMom

Same here. I almost exclusively use 1.5" collars on my dogs. I only used 2" on my Great Dane. I think most smaller widths just aren't big enough for bigger necked dogs. Maybe that's because I only use wider collars and have for years now. So I might be just a bit biased.
I really want to try out a 1" leather collar on Jackson at some point. I like leather because then at least I have the option of making the buckle narrow (1/2") so it doesn't look like a neck brace. But the 1" width itself, I don't think, looks bad on him.

Here is when he tried on Cricket's 1" collar (plus he's got his 3/4" collar on, so just ignore that, lol):

I can't decide though if I want to do 1" single layer OR try double leather 3/4"

I know Jessie's Chi's look good in the doubles. So I just can't decide lol.

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
I love 3/4" and 1" on Nola, and I love tapered ends. She has a martingale that's 1.5", and that looks good on her with no other collar or harness.

Is the double layer optional? What's the pros/cons of single vs double?

I really want to try out a 1" leather collar on Jackson at some point. I like leather because then at least I have the option of making the buckle narrow (1/2") so it doesn't look like a neck brace. But the 1" width itself, I don't think, looks bad on him.
Jackson can definitely pull off the 1" and look good doing it!

Bayleigh has 3/4" collars and 1" collars and I like her in both. If I splurge and buy a Paco for her sometime, it'll be 1" tapered to 3/4". I have never tried a tapered collar before but I don't see why I wouldn't like them.

Last edited:

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Amazing people making amazing collars. More than price I'm just a wimp at deciding what I want, there for I am having Ana make me one for each girl when she visits next week. :)

Yes,they are expensive but I would rather buy less collars and know that their quality will hold,their life.
Go for it, you wont regret it.
I like the 1in collars best,on my dogs and so do they!.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I don't think they are expensive for what you get. There is a lifetime guarantee with these collars. If your dog passes away, they will make your collar into a bracelet. The people who work there are amazing and will make sure you LOVE your collar. Spending $60+ on one collar (well, if you have self control and don't buy more lol) is better than spending $20 every 2 years on collars that fall apart.

Here's my favorite Paco I own... Chloe's "wave" collar:

_DSC6729.jpg by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

_DSC6683.jpg by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

It's chocolate and silver, 3/4".

Here's Chloe's X-Dog that was tan, and as you can see it darkened up a ton:

DSC_9618.jpg by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Some of our collars... I sold the Swirl in the picture, though.

Our Paco Collars by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Emma's super tiny "star" collar... it's 3/8" inch (she's a 3lb dog!):

20120402-DSC_6720 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Rylie modeling The Rylie:

Rylie modeling The Rylie by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I don't think they are expensive for what you get. There is a lifetime guarantee with these collars. If your dog passes away, they will make your collar into a bracelet. The people who work there are amazing and will make sure you LOVE your collar. Spending $60+ on one collar (well, if you have self control and don't buy more lol) is better than spending $20 every 2 years on collars that fall apart.
I would have no problem paying $60 for a leather collar - I have before on numerous occasions! However, if I were to get the Veronica for Quinn I'm looking at $95 plus shipping. $115 if I wanted to make it a martingale.

$60 I would do without a second thought - over $100 I'm hesitant. Sounds like I just need a Chihuahua lol! I love Emma's tiny little collar, it suits her beautifully.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I would have no problem paying $60 for a leather collar - I have before on numerous occasions! However, if I were to get the Veronica for Quinn I'm looking at $95 plus shipping. $115 if I wanted to make it a martingale.

$60 I would do without a second thought - over $100 I'm hesitant. Sounds like I just need a Chihuahua lol! I love Emma's tiny little collar, it suits her beautifully.
Yeahh most if the ones I like will run me $90+.

I really want one but it's hard to justify when I make my own cotton print collars so can customize colors and patterns however I want and can make them a new collar every year for the rest of their life and never hit $90...even for all three dogs combined...

But still, I want. I love good leather.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!

They start at $60 so I just put that down. They can get expensive, but they're totally worth it if you can swing the price. PCANSA on FB has some great deals. I've seen some expensive large collars for very low prices.

And yes you do need a chi!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I was too late to edit my last post so now I have 2 in a row :eek:

I'd rather spend more money on collars to insure they will actually last. I've had nothing but excellent customer service from the folks at Paco, and every custom collar has surpassed my expectations.

I love their new "Paco Perks" program. So far I have 3 collars towards my free one, and I plan on taking full advantage of it!

And... the resale is awesome on them. I've listed a few collars on PCANSA and they've always sold within a couple of days at the most.

Last edited by a moderator:

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I wish I could justify the price because there are some I really like the looks of. But we use our gun dog supply collar for going out and getting dirty, and her cheap Petco collar (which I think looks awesome, anyway) for all the times in-between when she just needs something to have tags on. For a while I used to be obsessed with buying collars, and I'm finally at the point now where I can stop and think... do I need it? :eek:

I do really like "The Glow" but I just... can't do it. lol. There are so many other things I put off buying because they are $100. :p

I still can't believe I spent the money on a Fetching Tag! But my cheap tags DO keep fading, whereas my cheap collars hold up fine.

CaliTerp07

I...wish I liked them. I just don't find them attractive, and then I think I must be broken because everyone else on here fawns over them so much. I just find them bulky looking and not at all girly for my little princess.

But then, I put my dog in flowers and bows. I justify it by saying that with so much fluff, it's the only part of the collar that actually shows.

Members online

No members online now.