Beezer afraid to go outside

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I don't understand this dog sometimes. We were all outside yesterday. Hannah was playing in the pool, we were in the garden and the dogs were just laying around. then Beezer wanted in so I went and let him in. After that... he wouldn't come back outside. He just stands in the doorway with a worried look on his face and won't go out unless he really has to go to the bathroom.

What is up with that?

I can't think of anything that happened that would make him afraid to go out. He loves to go out usually but now he won't set foot out the door and if he does he won't go past the garden.

what the heck could have happened?

Lolas Dad

Were any fireworks going off even blocks away? When I say fireworks anything from the small firecracker to the big ones.

Paige

Let it be
I agree with fireworks/fire crackers given that people have probably been setting them off given the date. They have scared the living snot out of every dog I have ever had.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
he's not bothered by fireworks. but it was also the middle of the day and I didn't hear any going off. and when they were going off last night he didn't seem bothered by it at all.

Right now I'm thinking maybe he got stung by a bee or something but he didn't yelp or anything.

It was just very strange. it was a very unceremonius outing. it was quiet and they were just lazing around. then he wanted inside and wouldn't go back out after that.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I don't think my dogs liked the smell of the fireworks. The pops and bangs didn't bother them any but they didn't want to be outside for long and they are never like that.

Lolas Dad

Last night a neighbor was shooting off some fireworks he had his Bassett Hound outside and it did not seem like the dog was being bothered by them but if you put your hand on the dogs back you could feel him trembling so the dog was put back inside. Perhaps your dog was trembling but did not physically show it.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Last night a neighbor was shooting off some fireworks he had his Bassett Hound outside and it did not seem like the dog was being bothered by them but if you put your hand on the dogs back you could feel him trembling so the dog was put back inside. Perhaps your dog was trembling but did not physically show it.
No I put my hands on him. he wasn't trembling and he isn't trembling when I try to get him to go outside.

when we were inside and they were going off he was sleeping soundly.

but even so ... they weren't going off in the daytime when we were out there so it couldn't be that because this "not wanting to go outside" thing started in the middle of the afternoon.

So it has to be something else.

If he was stung by a bee or something do you think I would be able to see where he was stung? he has a pretty thin coat. He's sleeping in his "den" right now so I won't bother him to check but I'll try to look him over later and see if I can spot a bite or a sting.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
My dogs will not walk on clover, for anything. IT's possible a sting could not show. Pepper swells up and Victor breaks out in hives everywhere. You can for sure see where he was stung because it will be as big as grape.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
My dogs will not walk on clover, for anything. IT's possible a sting could not show. Pepper swells up and Victor breaks out in hives everywhere. You can for sure see where he was stung because it will be as big as grape.
hmmm I'll have to check... and if he'll let me look at his feet. maybe he stepped on one. He has a bad habit of chasing and catching bugs. I didn't see him do this yesterday but it's possible he was chasing a bee and caught it lol.

He is outside right now but it took some coaxing and now he's standing at the door wanting back in lol.

He doesn't look scared persay... more worried or suspicious. I'll open the door and he'll stick his head out there... look around and then back up back into the house.

I'm really at a loss here. I don't see any lumps on him and he's not limping but I'll try to get a look at his feet.

He didn't yelp when he was out there and there weren't any fireworks or firecrackers going off at the time and no one was even out. I can't figure it out. and of course I'm babying him about it which I shouldn't be doing so I wonder if he's not playing it up a bit for me lol

I dont' know

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Ok now I think he's just messing with me. Brian came home and took hannah out to play in the pool and Beezer went right out with him and stayed out there and lazed around. lol

iluvdogs

Sounds like Skyler!! He LOVES it outside! but as soon as he hears thunder or if it gets really windy and he "thinks" its going to thunder he will NOT go outside.

Its kind of a pain and I don't really get why they do it because they LOVE it outside..lol

Skyler's new thing now is if its going to thunder he will run into the bathtub and hide..and my husband has to LIFT him up to take him outside....Silly dogs!!

Members online

No members online now.