Why, Craigslist, WHY??

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
*sigh* The listing is still posted. I might have an obsession. LOL. :eek:

Talked to my husband about her, but we both know that this is possibly the worst timing ever to consider a second dog.

I really need to stop looking at her!

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
I talked to Jon about her again yesterday, mentioning that that she was reposted on the 3rd. We both know that this is a terrible time for a new dog, and he isn't really keen on a second dog at all, but he did agree to discuss it again IF she was reposted yet again.

She was reposted this morning. She has been looking for a new home since Wednesday.

Jon is asleep right now, so the discussion hasn't happened, but we'll see...

Really, her prey drive (if she has one) will be a big concern... We don't know how she will react to cats and/or sugar gliders. That is non-negotiable. Is there are way we could "test" her for this before bringing her home? Is it fair to ask that we bring Morgan with us to check her out, to at least be sure the two are compatible as playmates? I don't want to be rude, but I also want to be cautious.

Anybody who has fostered... could you talk me through it? I don't know if that is the route we will take, if we end up taking any route. However, I have never in my life tried to rehome any animal, I don't even know how I would begin to start that sort of process.

Or even your experiences in going from one dog to two. Really, I'd appreciate any insight at all. I want to be sure I have a complete idea of what my options are if we decide to contact this person.

Also, of course, money is a factor here, too. Another dog means higher costs for food and vet bills (to include the spay that she will need), and while I wouldn't say we can't afford it... things are currently a little tight as it is.

Oy... what on Earth am I thinking... ;)

Members online

No members online now.