I think I almost have everything

mrose_s

BusterLove
...for when we pick up Quinn in 12 days!

I have her leash, collar, just ordered tags, flea/tick preventative and womers, dry food, shampoo, a kong, everlasting treat ball and various other toys.

I'm going op shopping this week for bedding and a couple of stuffed toys and I have to buy her a crate and a bowl and then I think we might just about be ready to take on the terror.

We havn't had a puppy in the house in about 4 years... this should be interesting. Its also going to be my first puppy that I've raised, allthe other dogs were raised predominently by my family, even Buster was the "family dog" until he was 2.

Can anyone think of anything else I might need and am missing?

For Traveler I stocked up on liver, tongue and other meats like that boil and to mix in with the dry food I used as training treats as real high value stuff.

I also don't know if it's something you'll need or want but I made myself a 20 ft long line and a smaller leash that had a carabiner on one end and a clip on the other so that I could attach it to my pans to have him in site at all times.

I also had two clickers, one on a rope around my neck and the other on one of those stretchy bracelet things so that I hopefully would have one on me at all times

I made a lot of braided tugs out of old PJ's and those have been a life saver, he loves them. I already had it but if you don't have a flirt pole you might want to make one, I use it as a reward for going outside a lot of times. A no playing until you finish kind of thing

Do you have a cleaner for the rug if she pee's inside? I know no one wants to plan on it but it's more than likely going to happen at least once.

I also stocked up on a lot of chews, some kangaroo chews that I got as a gift, some little rawhides, raw chicken feet and necks. For when I don't want to put him in the crate but he just needs to calm down for a little bit.

And most importantly, your camera! You need to have that charged and ready to go!

Can't wait for you to get little Quinn, believe me I know exactly how excited you are right now. These next 12 days are going to go really slow but at the same time you aren't going to believe how fast they went when you have her in your arms

Lizmo

Water Junkie
A long line will come in handy alot for teaching her a recall, too.

mrose_s

BusterLove
We have a couple of lunge ropes I bought when I had Buster down south, pretty sure they are out with the horse stuff, I also bought a second clicker just incase I misplace my first. lol

Members online

No members online now.