Just a great day..

Lossalfling

Ferret Keeper
I had mentioned before that I work in a shelter, That had to take a hard stand on rehoming pittbulls that was slowly breaking my heart. I went in on friday as normal and went to see what new dogs came in, and what do I find... a lovely pitbull american bull dog cross... So lovely and sweet and my heart sunk. I just knew this lovely fellow was on numbered days. We have been trying to find local rescue that could help us rehome the dogs we knew would make good pets but so far we have had 0 luck. So I tried to go about my day, I knew we had a beagle pup going out that day to a beagle rescue , so I walked him and gave him a bath, when they arrived the dog warden showed them around and low and behold who did she see and fall in love with? trouble the pit/abd mix... Im happy to say we have decided to call him lucky as he has been adopted by this shelter and we have been told if we get any more to call them and they will try and help us place them. I know that * Lucky* due to time constraints and other things missed by such a small margin being put down. He really is a Lucky dog and my heart is gladden to finally have a reliable rescue on board that can take /help with an furture bully's we might have come in. Since It was getting hard for me to come to the shelter and just know such magestic dogs had no future. I have never owned a pitty but someday just might, but there resemblence to my own Pax in mannerism and bodytype was just breaking my heart. So today I give thanks to all those that foster and rescue dogs, and to share * lucky's* Story.

Doberluv

That is sooooo good that that shelter is going to help out with placing. What a lucky dog indeed and a great day for you too!

Members online

No members online now.