How weird would your house look to non-animal people?

crazy_paws

No thumbs = No mutiny
I try to keep mine tidy and most dog toys put away. There is a large dog bed in the living room, a toy basket tucked near the wall, and pictures of them in the foyer.

Dog magazines on the coffee table.

Also visible is the Drinkwell 360 fountain.

Oh, and the mice tanks near the back door.

Yeah, it's probably pretty obvious that I love animals from the jump.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
My house wouldn't really look weird to non-animal people at all. We have a plastic milk-crate in the corner that we use to store Benji's plushy toys, a metal bucket in the morning room for their water, and their dishes are outside on the deck. Oh and a few dog blankets on the floor. Other than that, it looks like a house. :)

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I live in a small apartment so ya you can probably tell I have animals. I have a toybox for Bamm though I keep finding cat/ferret toys in there too... two crates, a big ferret cage, food bowls, big water bowl, treats, etc... the only thing that's NOT in the main room is the ferret cage which is in the bedroom. Everything else is in the dining room area since we don't have a dining room table to fill the area anyways... oh ya... I also have ferret tunnels and kitty towers too... and a lot of time you'll find empty boxes everywhere when the ferret is out because she loves boxes.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I think non-animal people that come to our house must have a stroke when they step foot out of their vehicle. ROFL

They are first greeted by Junior and Mitzy, the two resident porch cats. Their food dishes are on the porch, and they assume that anyone walking up onto the porch is going to feed them.
As soon as they step in the door our Cockatiel, Joey, is there to whistle a greeting - and if he is feeling particularly friendly, he'll tell them what a pretty bird he is.
Called by the bird's whistles, the cats (or at least the kitten) come running to say hi.
If the dogs are loose and not kenneled up, they will greet the newcomes enthusiasticly. (In Chloe's case, too enthusiasticly.)
There is a toy basket of dog toys in the living room, dog dishes in the kitchen, leashes hanging on the coat rack, kitten toys in the living room, and if the guests happen to walk upstairs they come across yet more cat toys, cat dishes, and a litterbox. If they walk into my room they are met with four fish tanks, a huge ferret cage, and a mouse.

Suprisingly, the only thing that suggests we have pets from the outside, besides the two cats, is the fact that we have a kennel attached to our garden shed.

Doberluv

When my dogs were puppies, my niece came in, laughed and said, "It looks like a day care center in here!" LOL. But I don't have so many toys for the dogs now. They tear most things to smitherines. The house is pretty clean and tidy. No dog beds (they use the couch and my bed) and no crates inside anymore. Two little bowls under an over-hanging counter, leashes are put away. I guess if someone looked closely, they'd see some dog hair on the furniture. Okay...well, not that closely. LOL. If they went into my den and looked at my bookcase, they'd see a kazillion books on dogs. And God forbid they look at "my favorites" on my computer. I think those things would give it away.

elegy

overdogged
my house is completely pet-infested. my downstairs is very small, and a large portion of it is taken up by three large dog crates. on top of the crates are pillows for the cats to rest on. i have framed photos and luce's rosettes on the wall. there are dog toys, bones, and stuffy guts all over the floor.

i'm messy, but i'm the only one who has to live here, so i'm ok with that.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Oh, and I forgot about the baby gates. :D We have a baby gate that the bottom of the stairs, one blocking off the back hallway, and I have one in my room as well. LOL

mrose_s

BusterLove
I forgot about the toys. We have them everywhere!

We sweep and vacuum every couple of days but the dog hair just doesn' really stay at bay, Buster is a marathon shedder.
I bought a new jacket the winter, in hindsight, it was a bad choice, its black and just the perfect material to pick up dog hair. I was so careful with it to begin with, didn't even put it in my bedroom and it still ended up covered in dog hair...ergh.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Well, when you walk up to my house, there is a sign in the window that is shaped like a bone and says "all guests must be approved by the dogs". That is usually greeted with Rosey barking at them, alerting us to their presence.

When they walk in, they have a clear view of the ferret cage in the living room, and if Rosey WAS there barking at them, they have the dog in their face.

Walk into the living room, there is the ferret cage, ferret toys, dog toys, ferret condo, all on the floor, and if Rosey was not busy greeting, Rosey on the couch. Before getting to the living room, there is Rosey's food and water bowl in the hall.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Probably pretty funny.
When company is expected the house is really tidy and clean, but when they come unannounced its not as clean and tidy.

We have hardwood floors so thoes are usually not so clean. The floor is covered in paw prints and water marks because Emme and Teagan are contantly in the kiddie pool.

No dog hair though, all our dogs are low shedding. Although there is random bunny hair in the corners, but we sweep everyday so that does not last long.

Emme's huge Kennel is in the entry way/ family room and there are usually toys thrown everywhere from Teagan and Emme. The do have a toy boy though, but they only know how to take and not how to put back.

We have white leather couches in the family room that never get used by us people, unless its winter because they are beside the wood stove, but the couches are usually covered in dog prints. The dogs like sleeping on them.

There is also big dog beds everywhere.

Outside on our deck is dog beds, we also have two big dog houses outside, but they match the house.

There is a kiddie pool that the dogs contantly use and play in. And you might see a hole or two on the side of the house from Miss Teagan.

RD

Are you dead yet?
My apartment probably looks extremely bare (not a lot of stuff on the white tile floors) to someone who doesn't have animals, especially puppies. There's a dog crate, a dog bed, a bunch of dog toys on the floor.. basically, Eve lives here and I am her roommate. I use about 6 square feet of the apartment, she uses the rest of it.

Members online

No members online now.