Puppy training log examples?

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Does anyone on here have examples of training logs they've done with their puppies? Heck even adult training logs would be fine. I'm trying to write up a log for my new puppy so we can stay on track with his socialization and training, but for some reason I'm drawing a blank and would like to see some ideas for inspiration.

amberdyan

I'm wondering the same thing, so I'll be really interested in what people have to say. I have a 6 month old puppy and even though his training is going really well, I wish it had a little bit more organization. So far it's a bit random. I know dogs learn things at different paces, but I would be interested to see something that was like "I start with this and when he/she is ready, move on to this" etc. Is that the kind of stuff you're looking for?

Also, I saw a picture of your puppy the other day- SO adorable. I had to look up the breed because I knew nothing about it : )

krissy

Not sure if this is the kind of thing you mean, but on my blog if you click the tag "Kili puppy" it'll pull up all my posts about Kili in the first year of her life.

crazedACD

Haha

Before getting puppy: I will have this this this and that done by x months/years. Let's aim for puppy rally.

Actually having puppy puppy: Awww you definitely need a no training, all play day. x350 days. We will get there. I'm sure we will be ready to do show and goes or a little trialing by a year old.

Puppy after 1 year old: Well uh..at least you are housebroken...

Ok I know you are aiming for a service dog and that was seriously unhelpful. I'm sorry...things just never go according to plan. :p

k9krazee

I'm notorious for over thinking & over training.

My goal for the first months of puppy's life is to play, play, play.

I take videos of the training that I have done so that I can reference them. Otherwise, I don't really write anything down. Its easier for me to just see where we were at.

Brattina88

Was it Fran who had a really nice write up for training and socializing Merlin? I am work otherwise I'd search for you. That's not much help I know sorry :p

Members online

No members online now.