Fish oil versus laundry

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
A couple ok weeks ago Brisbane OD'd on peanut butter and then cheerfully barfed it all over the house. His vet has recommended feeding him as much fish oil as he can tolerate, which is a whole lot of fish oil. The puke spree started shortly after dinner, and now almost all of my dog bedding reeks of fish oil.

I cannot get the smell out of anything, and it is driving me mad. I already threw out two dog beds and am almost ready to abandon everything else. Right now I am attempting to de-stink a cotton crib sheet, for science. Literally, just a small bedsheet. It has been through the Sanitary cycle on my washing machine three times now, with ever-greater amounts of blue Dawn dishsoap every cycle. It has been soaked and pre-washed and scrubbed, and it still comes out reeking of fish every time.

Is there any sage advice for gettin rid of the stink, other than "kill it with fire"?

Oh gross. I'm trying to imagine the blend of peanut butter and fish oil... and it doesn't sound too pleasant.

What about mixing baking soda and peroxide? I'm not sure if that would damage the fabrics or not, but that's what we used to deodorize our family dog when she got skunked. Mix it into a paste and then apply?

Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.