Rose City Classics (Dog Show) - Highlights

Equinox

warning: will be very picture heavy

A month after the show and I've finally finished editing the pictures. I have a total of 200+, but will try to pick just a few to post.

Had to say "hi" to this Berger Picard, and get a quick picture of a very sweet little whippet.

German Shepherds are up first

And I know I already posted these, but had to include this handsome guy

Tollers

Equinox

Flat-coats

A Grand Champion and active Search and Rescue Beauceron, "Gideon". First Beauceron I ever met (about 3 years ago), made me fall in love with the breed.

Pugs on break

A Grand Champion Malinois. Very sweet dog, and his handler or owner was nice to talk to.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Yay you got pictures of the Flatcoats!!

Australian Terriers are super cute...

Equinox

At the German Shepherd "Meet the Breed" booth

"Sumo" pretending to be camera shy (he's not!)

Everyone's favorite Isa girl taking a break

Next to the German Shepherds were the Chinooks

I learned that they're a fairly vocal breed

The variety was interesting to see

And on our other side were the Xolos

Equinox

I'm glad you think so - thanks!! I got a LOT of practice using my camera that day, especially switching between dogs being stacked, dogs gaiting, and the dogs in the agility ring.

I'm having the most difficult time narrowing these down. I'm pretty sure I'll just end up drowning everyone in dog show pictures.

Happy Aussie

That's it for now, will post more later!

Red Chrome

Lol. You got some great shots. LoLa always looks pitiful or mischievous. I think she was sad she couldn't greet everyone.

Equinox

Lol. You got some great shots. LoLa always looks pitiful or mischievous. I think she was sad she couldn't greet everyone.
Hahaha, oh gosh, she was such a hit at the show and I could see why! Sweetest girl ever. Her woe eyes? Her way of saying "why...why are you over there? You should be here. Right here. Right next to me for snuggling and kisses and love. Okay? Okay."

Toller_08

These are beautiful! Did you use your 50mm lens for all of them (I think that's the one you have)?

These make me want to bring my camera along to the next dog show and practice some more. I always feel kind of self conscious and weird taking pictures of peoples' dogs at shows, though. Like I might them or something maybe lol.

Equinox

These are beautiful! Did you use your 50mm lens for all of them?

These make me want to bring my camera along to the next dog show and practice some more. I always feel kind of self conscious and weird taking pictures of peoples' dogs at shows, though.
Thank you!! Yes, I did use the 50mm (except for the very first one of the guy with his Berger Picard). I got a lot of practice... didn't have the versatility of the zoom, plus my 50mm (even on the crop sensor) sometimes fell a little short as far as focal length goes, but I'm pretty happy with what I got.

At this show, I swear that the people madly taking pictures made up 20% of the spectators. The handlers were really great about it, too. Even if I tried to be fairly unobtrusive, a lot of the handlers and dog owners would actually bait their dogs to help me out with pictures. Everyone I spoke to seemed to be happy to have their dogs photographed and loved to talk about them, which made it a lot of fun for me. More than one handler would see me taking pictures and comment "he's a Grand Champion, you know!" or "she just picked up a major earlier this morning!" :)

Equinox

Leggy Akita

Two variety of Belgians

Norwegian Buhunds

Cardi

Two agility shots (first time with fast shutter speed + high ISO...ouch)

That should be it for this thread!

Equinox

Papillons

Oh, I lied. Forgot the Papillons!

I love, love, love being by the Papillon ring because these dogs have the funniest personalities ever. Of all the breeds, I'm pretty sure this was the sassiest at the show.

And then I got completely distracted, by this -

Why? Because, this <3 Cutest puppy ever.

And she knows it, too.

She was somewhere between 6 - 8 months old and a show prospect. If I could have, I would have stuffed her in my camera bag and ran.

Members online

No members online now.