Animal rescue refuses to give back lost show dog to rightful owner

SoCrafty

The owner posted some pictures of her on FB. The rescue looks like they did a hack job on her feet :( for a breed specific rescue group, you would think they would know how to groom Sheltie feet.

I hear that the owner took her to the vet for skin problems and a dental. Hope they will be able to use that at the trial so Piper doesn't go back to the rescue.

Shakou

Yeah, Veronica wasn't exaggerating when she said Piper looked terrible at her court ordered vet exam back in April. Poor dog :/

teacuptiger

floor dancer
I was shocked when I saw those pictures. Her nails were in such bad shape especially... I can't believe a breed specific would do such a horrible job on her feet, either.

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
Odds are the dog was sitting in a foster home for months being cared for by someone well intentioned but a novice about the finer points of grooming and care.

The main thing to remember is that this isn't over. Next Trial date is at the end of August and while it is very important that V&M got Ms Piper back to their custody for the trial this isn't over til the appeals, and the checks are written which could take well over another year or more.

Often times those who win are simply those who can out spend the other party.

Stingr69

Papillon Fan
No court will ever take that dog away from the rightful owner and hand it to the rescue whacko. Ain't gonna happen. :) This is over - thank God!

What gets me as well, is people on the "rescues" side is talking about how well she was taken care of with the rescue compared to her actual owner, but then Piper looks a mess coming back, and if you ask me, so do the ones on the rescues website....all could use a brushing and weight off.... :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.