Disc Suggestion

Favorite discs for small dogs? She's currently using one that is 6in (cheap-o silicone one I found at Toys-R-Us just to try it). I got the Hero Pup 120's but she bit through it instantly. She's about 13 lbs and has a hard bite! I was thinking the Hyperflite Pup Jawz?

k9krazee

I am no expert on discs, and only recently ventured out of my Hero Air blem comfort zone....

But I just bought a handful of Hyperflite pup discs and do not like them at all. They're hard to throw (maybe with more practice I could do it?) and my dogs bit through them in one session. I couldn't imagine tugging with them.

I have one Hyperflite Jawz that feels just like the regular....I haven't used it yet.

I am going back to Hero Air 235 I think -- I could throw them nicely, they weren't ruined in one bite and my small dogs do just fine with them.

Let me know that you think about the weight of the Jawz. I'm looking at the 7in, but not sure if I like the weight of it.

Ugh, wish there was somewhere I could look at all these things. Purchasing items from online stores gives me a headache - mostly because of S&H prices for things that I don't know are gonna work or not haha.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I use the CS Hyperflite Pup discs with 10 pound Siri and 36 pound Skill (heh, I really need to buy him his own discs) and they've held up great!

Good to know! I like that hyperflite has 7" options. The smallest I find on Hero is 8.5" which is basically the same as the standard sizes IMO

SaraB

I use the CS Hyperflite Pup discs with 10 pound Siri and 36 pound Skill (heh, I really need to buy him his own discs) and they've held up great!
LOL, that's because skill has the softest mouth known to man.

I like the CS pup discs but the Jawz Pups are going to last a heck of lot longer. For a hard mouthed dog, I wouldn't even mess with the CS.

JacksonsMom

JacksonsMom

LOL, that's because skill has the softest mouth known to man.

I like the CS pup discs but the Jawz Pups are going to last a heck of lot longer. For a hard mouthed dog, I wouldn't even mess with the CS.
I had some of these for Jackson and I feel like he's not even *super* rough on discs or toys at all, but they always got destroyed pretty quickly.

DJEtzel

Lol my 40 lb border collie jams and tugs with cs pup discs and they hold up better than 235s for him. >.<

I really hate skewed results.

It's tough. I ended up getting a CS pup and a Soflite pup until Hero rolls out the 185 in August.

Danielle - Meagan can vouch for Ada. She caught 10 rollers on the front lawn right after class... stinker.

DJEtzel

Danielle - Meagan can vouch for Ada. She caught 10 rollers on the front lawn right after class... stinker.
She is such a stinker! Do you ever play with her inside? Short rollers down the hall or tug with discs? That might help transfer to class inside.

I've been trying to "generalize" it. She'll do it inside and outside of my parent house and my house and at the dog park. She's just so food motivated and I'm sure there are just so many food smells at the training facility. Not even worried about it, she's picking it up and applying it elsewhere haha.

Members online