How long have you left your dog?

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Bodhi = 7 weeks.

I was working away one summer whilst at uni :)

Fred.... A couple of nights I think, but he was with the other half so doesn't really count....

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
The most? Pretty much a month.

I was gone on vacation out west for 2.5-3 weeks, came home for about a week, then left for a week long beach vacation. Which totaled 1 month, but I did get to see her for at least a week between those 2 :p She stayed between my two aunt's houses.

This year I'll only be away from her for about a week. I'm going to Costa Rica in August on a Mission Trip, but she'll stay home with my mom so she will definitely enjoy all the spoiling her Gammy gives her when I'm not there to control her:lol-sign:

Equinox

15 or 16 days, I think. That was last summer when we went on a two week cruise to the Caribbean. We dropped Trent off at his breeder's boarding kennel about an hour's drive away.

Oh, although if we count me being away to attend the University an hour and a half away, I've been gone for up to a month. Usually only two weeks but sometimes I don't make it home or have the means to bring him with me, so the longest we've gone is about a month.

Gambit was left for 4 days when I went to a wedding. He seemed to take it ok, but I wouldn't do it again.

Argon would regularly spend weekends with my mother when I did rescue transport, but he was a very chill dog. My couch, her couch, as long as he had a couch he was fine,.

Lady Chesh the persian is spending the next 3-4 months with my mother and I'm about dying from missing her already. I'm counting down the days until she can come home again

GoingNowhere

Me? Probably 2ish months (maybe two and a half?). But that's when I'm at school and just haven't had a chance to get home to see the family/Boo. She's still living in her home, with her family - jut minus me. That's always hard, but fortunately, with the lake house that's closer to my school, I shouldn't have to go so long without seeing her next year.

Everyone? I don't think that Boo has been left for a consecutive time longer than 2 weeks or so. When the family does leave her, she stays at home and we have neighborhood kids come over and let her out.

BostonBanker

Meg's been left for 3 nights. My family went to Florida for a week; I refused to leave her that long, so I flew down for a few days in the middle. She boarded with my friend who originally rescued her. I left her for one night when I went to NYC with some friends last summer, and she just stayed at home with my parents.

Gusto's never been left. I am planning to go back to NYC for a couple of nights next summer, so that may be his "maiden voyage".

I always say that neither of my dogs have separation anxiety, but I do. Honestly, it just rarely comes up. Most of my "fun" money is spent on agility, so they come along on those trips. I'm not a big traveler otherwise.

BlueMerle

I am almost NEVER away from them. They go on almost all trips with us. Our favorite trip is to a beach in SC each year. The dogs are allowed on the beach at certain times and they get to stay in the rental house with us. :) We rent the same house each year because they will except all 5 of our dogs.

Damon: Total of about 12 days away from him since I got him.
Max: 4 days since I got him
Jasper: Never
Sophie: 18 days away since I got her 6 years ago.
Piper: Never

Flyinsbt

I don't really go anywhere without at least one dog. The longest I've been away from my other dog(s) is probably about a week.

Pirate just went on a trip without me, to California, for about a week. So we're pretty much even.

Saeleofu

I left Gavroche for 3ish days when I picked up Logan, and again when I took Logan to the CCA Nationals. I've left him overnight a couple times taking Logan to different things.

I've only left Logan overnight twice, and it was really only 10 or 11 hours. That's nothing, as I have left the dogs longer than that during the day for work/school.

I'm pretty ****ing dependent on my dogs lol

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I'm leaving my dogs for a few days this upcoming week and already feeling sick over the fact that I will be without them for a few days. Wish I could bring them or at least one of them with me, but my family doesn't much appreciate dogs on family vacations and they were giving me **** for not going initially.

Bamm is boarding at my work because no other options really and the trainers at my work understand how he is and he knows them.

Cricket is staying with one of my coworkers and good friend (she has a coolie boy that is one of Cricket's best buds).

Joey is staying with a chazzer (cristy)

Kootenay

I have left Jasper for probably about a week max. He stays with my dad whenever I go anywhere.

Yarrow I have left for 3 nights once or twice, and 2 a few times. A few times I've left him with my SO, and a couple times with my really good friend. He's much more challenging to look after, but I'm trying to figure out a way that I can leave him with my dad so I could potentially go to a few festivals this summer. We'll see.

Onyx has yet to be left....

I have a VERY hard time leaving my dogs and freak out about them the whole time I'm gone!

Michiyo-Fir

I'm freaking out. In 3 days Im leaving Nia for 5 whole weeks and I already miss her so much and I haven't even left yet!! I'm getting teary just thinking about it.. My mom will be taking care of her and she won't be too upset but my mom doesn't really know how to properly brush her teeth, bathe her, and that kind of stuff. She might be a little filthy and matted when I come home but I'm hoping she's ok other than that. I'm terrified to be honest...

I've left for 3 weeks before and she wasn't too bad off other than being a quite a bit skinnier than when I left. And her teeth were a little dirtier.. My mom loves her so at least I don't feel ask bad as leaving her with strangers, especially since she gets quite anxious without us. Ugh. I don't want to go on vacation ever again lol! I keep worrying about it!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I think the longest I've been away from the dogs was for a week my senior year of highschool. When I phoned my mom about halfway through I told her I didn't really miss being home, I just missed my dog and my piano. LOL

As a child I would go to camp for a week and not be around for Blackie and Rose, but they were "family" dogs and not "my" dogs, so it wasn't quite the same.

And again, we were gone for five days in Florida in the spring and left Gracie, Cooper, and Cynder at home with my brother...but again, none of them were really "my" dogs, so it didn't really bother me.

We're going out of town for three days next week and I'm leaving Abrams with a friend. But I think it will be nice to get away from Shark Teeth Puppy for awhile. :p

Mike will be gone for six months after he leaves for RTC July 30th...Cynder is staying with me (she was going to go to his mother, and I'm very glad he decided to leave her here). I really hope she adapts okay to him being gone. She is SO much his dog and gets very depressed when he's not home.

ACooper

I have left Orson twice in his 7 years with us, and Phoebe only once in all her 13 years with us!

Once a couple years ago we left them (Orson and Phoebe) for a week (6 days) while we stayed at a cottage on the lake up north. (no dogs allowed :( )

Then just last month I left Orson for 9 days while we went down to South Carolina for my son's basic training (army) graduation.

Both times I had people they know come and care for them here at home.

We're pretty simplistic, so it's not hard to plan vacations that the dogs can go too. We camp, visit family, etc..

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Heading out to drop Xena off for boarding within the hour. She'll be boarded until Tuesday while we go for my oldest daughter's freshman orientation.

Members online

No members online now.