Trick of the Week: Spin!

SaraB

I am so impressed with the participation in the first week, and I loved watching all the videos! Week 2 is under way, this week's trick is spin. You can teach one direction or both directions. One spin or multiple spins. This is a fantastic way to warm up or stretch dogs before physical exercise.

Ready..... Set..... Go!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Frodo can already do this one, now I need to get creative and jazz it up!

ETA: I just realized that if everyone participates and is successful each week, our dogs will know 52 new tricks if we can keep this up for a year. How cool would that be?!!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
It always amazes me how much Juno sucks at this trick LOL. Maybe we will finally conquer it. :p

SpringerLover

This is one of Bailey's favorites! She currently spins both ways, I wonder how I can modify it...?

Maybe I can get her spinning on a smaller surface?

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Kiba knows spin and turn (different direction). For those that already know it... I challenge you to backwards spin!!

Lyzelle

Zander can spin one direction, and we've been working lightly with the other direction. So I'll still post videos this week, but we're working more on hind end awareness this week. Clumsy dog is not aware of he has back feet.

Maybe I can incorporate both and have him pivot on a hind leg. Or both hinds planted. Hmm....

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
This is one of Bailey's favorites! She currently spins both ways, I wonder how I can modify it...?

I've been thinking about either a smaller surface or having him stand on his back legs and spin around. I thought about doing around legs or something, but if we do leg weaves at all then that would be my modifier since he already leg weaves.

Decisions decisions!

Neither Didgie nor Traveler know this trick at all so I'm super excited to teach them both. I taught it to Kaylee years ago but I lured it, gonna have fun attempting to shape it.

ETA: I just realized that if everyone participates and is successful each week, our dogs will know 52 new tricks if we can keep this up for a year. How cool would that be?!!
Right!?! I really love how many people are doing it and I hope everyone keeps at it

Also, an idea for people who have dogs that know it already: You could try making them do it faster or multiple spins without stopping

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Bamm knows this super well. I use the word "right" for spinning clockwise and "left" for counter clockwise.

Going to work with Cricket and Joey. I sort of taught Cricket when she was a little puppy, but we haven't worked on it since then.

Funny enough this is a trick I'm teaching in my Tricks and Games class.

SaraB

Zuma knows both directions as well. I'm working on speed and adding distance to our cue. If she nails that, I'm going for a standing spin in both directions.

milos_mommy

Backwards spin sounds like it would be hard!!! I'd go for spinning on hind legs if I were you guys :p

I dunno why I never taught this to Milo, it was one of my favorite tricks to teach my eskie when I was a kid.

SaraB

You should totally teach her to spin while you spin. And then it will look like you are dancing. And it will be fabulous.

Ok, here's Traveler's spin so far. I started with the perch and a solo pivot. Adding in cue right now and fading out the object.

He wants to turn it into a reverse leg weave which you can see him do once in the video. Pain in the butt dog

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VCxLDnVQi7Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Traveler looks great!

When we were practicing earlier, Squash kept offering sit pretty. PAY ATTENTION YOU JERK. :/

SaraB

Traveler looks awesome!! I love the idea of doing the independent pivot and fading the target. I'm interested to see how the spin turns out, if he ends up keeping his front feet still or if he starts to move them as the spin gets more fluent.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Hahaha totally love Traveler sneaking in the leg weave.

Well I totally wasn't planning on recording this today but she picked it up quicker than I thought. We need more enthusiasm though!
Had to add in beg at the end - she kept offering it before I started recording lol so I figured I'd reward her efforts :p

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HbcWULAZ3-s?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, I need to start putting real clothes on for these things :lol-sign:

Members online

No members online now.