Crazy dog people first world problems

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
But so many breed wants, so little time. Argh.
I saw a little framed quote in a shop a while ago that read,

"Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to." -Joe Gores​

Tis true... :/

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
Ordered some emu ribs and a sheep head from the meat packing place. Shopping cart says sheep head. Confirmation email says sheep head. Invoice says goat legs. I don't want goat legs, last time I fed the dogs goat legs they barfed goat hair all over the house. Delivery is tomorrow, and I have no idea what will be in that box when it arrives.

Airn

Finally ordered a Ruffwear harness for Gwen. Got an alert saying it was delivered yesterday. Based on her size she was a small (on the high end).

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL SHE IS A SMALL.

I have to send it back and get an exchange for a medium. But I wanted the harness now. I won't get it in time for this weekend. The woe :(

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Two of my family members gifted me 6-month barkbox subscriptions. And while I LOVE the thought and love the idea of the concept (who doesn't love a monthly box of surprises?)... it's starting to become an annoyance.

Some months the toys are sturdy and good (westpaw etc..) but they tend to veer far too easily into the organic/kitchy/hipster fun toys that last about 2 seconds or aren't played with (like a squeaky mustache or organic wool mouse). And instead of investing in long term treats (which I do need a monthly supply of), you end up in the kind of "fun biscuit" category. I now have an entire cabinet full of pumpkin spice, energy gel, licky stick, cute biscuits that are just gathering... if you live far from a petstore where you can see these things and shop in person, I say go for it. Otherwise? my gripe is that I'm too picky and too well versed in dog products for this

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
Tango doesn't wear collars at all :mad: He hates them, chews them, whines in them, and they irritate the crap out of his neck. Not to mention that he shredded the nice braided kangaroo leather one I got him. His pretty metal tag lives on a harness. Also, harnesses are hard to find for him.

The only bright side is that he tolerates having a wardrobe and it's almost time to bring the cute stuff.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
My FirstWorldProblem gripe is that I want my own competition Dog Walk and I want it now.

Right. Now.

xpaeanx

I got the CleanRun fitness package for my birthday. It was ordered Friday, it's now Tuesday and I won't have it until tomorrow.... I feel like I'm dying!!!! Want Now!!!

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
I want one of those embroidered fleece slip/leash combos from Kollars by Kathryn with the Invitationals logo on it. So many wants. So little monies.

JacksonsMom

I want one of those embroidered fleece slip/leash combos from Kollars by Kathryn with the Invitationals logo on it. So many wants. So little monies.
I can only imagine if I was rich how much dog crap I would accumulate. It's bad enough with me being poor :rofl1:

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
So I just realized... I have a shorthaired dog now!!!! I CAN BUY ALL THE FANCY COLLARS!!!!!!!!
Just a little part of me wants a short haired dog, so I can buy all those fancy collars.

I'm seriously afraid of how much money I'll spend when I get a dog. *Spends more then half of paycheck on dog* *Goes to pet store. I need this, & this, & this, & this, & 10 billion other things.*

I already look online at dog collars, leashes, toys, & other things. It's an already bad, & I don't even have a dog.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
I can only imagine if I was rich how much dog crap I would accumulate. It's bad enough with me being poor :rofl1:
For me it goes like this...

Well they all have Lupine martingales so they NEED tags to go with them.

Well Pen got a fancy collar, so they ALL need fancy collars.

Oh they don't have tags to match? MUST FIX THAT.

Agility dogs need fleecy things (thanks to SaraB for those!!!).

ALL NEED LEATHER LEASHES KIMMA'S MUST HAVE BLING BECAUSE SHE'S KIMMA.

Kimma is special and needs more fleecy things with her name embroidered.

And I'm tempted to buy all the biothane things now.

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
I am fortunate/unfortunate to live within a block of two very high-end thrift stores with pet bins lurking back in the random crap departments. As long as I don't mind the total randomness, these and ebay manage to supply my rabid desire to collect All The Things.

Recently I found a Dean and Tyler DTWorks harness for $5, a WoofWear collar with crystals and pearls for $6, and an EzyDog QuickFit harness for $2.

Members online

No members online now.