We're starting 2013 off with...

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
It is spread by respiratory secretions... it doesn't just have to be his nose. Saliva on clothing can carry it and it can be transmitted between dogs through a human host's clothing. We learned all about prevention at work when we had that horrible outbreak everywhere in the twin cities last year!

I'm sure Frodo will be fine with Ryan, and I told him to call me if he has any questions! :)

Poor Frodo! :(

Right now I'm hoping I didn't carry anything home to Buzz since a friend terrified me yesterday when her interpretation of Buzz's lick-swallow thing was the start of kennel cough! SANITIZATION FOR EVERYONE! :)
Oh I was mostly teasing about the snot, just like in a human cold the act of breathing on a cup can, in theory, spread the illness. Snot and nose picking is more fun to mock though, largely because I am sure she's already taking precautions.

We've had a lot of KC with our fosters and rescues over the years and only once with two very sickly puppies did it concern us and thus encourage more than crate rest and vitamin uptake. BUT if he's hacking all over the floor and not getting any sleep, I totally support a vet visit.

Be safe with Buzz, I know I'd be more worried now with an almost 15 year old in my house than I was when my oldest was 6 and spry.

SpringerLover

Be safe with Buzz, I know I'd be more worried now with an almost 15 year old in my house than I was when my oldest was 6 and spry.
Oh, he's not going anywhere and I'm changing after interacting with dogs... and doing laundry tonight. And yeah, he's just basically not going anywhere for a while.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Aww poor Frodo!

Don't fret too much, I'm pretty positve Juno had it as a pup (and then passed it to Lucy) but it cleared up on its own just fine.

Taqroy

HOW DID YOUR INTERVIEW GOOOOOO? And my vibes were more for Frodo and Ryan going to the vet without you....I get a little twitchy when Matt has to take the dogs to the vet without me. Lol. /notacontrolfreak

You don't wipe your dogs noses before you leave for work? Wow, I expected so much more from you.

(True story: at one of my old work locations we had a woman who wiped her dogs butt every time it took a dump o_O)

I need some kind of cough suppressant for him. As it is we are going to need to rent a carpet cleaner with how many piles of dried watery hacked up stuff is on the floor. Plus I got NO SLEEP. I was up until like 5am this morning because he was so loud.
If you need a carpet cleaner, I own one. You could definitely borrow it. It's super easy to use. Kind of looks like a really massive vacuum, small enough to fit in a car, though.

Good luck with Frodo at the vet!

JacksonsMom

Jackson had KC twice. Once was after he got the nasal spray vaccine stuff (go figure), the other was a different time. Both cleared pretty quickly, but I called up our local clinic where he got neutered and told them I was pretty sure he had KC (I took a video of him doing it on my phone). I showed it to the vet, vet said yes definitely, gave us meds without him even coming in, lol. None of my dads dogs ever caught it, and we were over there.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Frodo did FANTASTICO at the vet. c/t to Frodo AND Ryan!!

We have antibiotics and the vet suggested slippery elm tea mixed with organic honey for his cough. So far this evening he is fine in his crate, but coughs as soon as he comes out and starts walking around. Poor guy :/

And I GOT MY PROMOTION!!! And double the pay raise I was expecting! Happy camper right here :D

SpringerLover

frodo did fantastico at the vet. C/t to frodo and ryan!!

We have antibiotics and the vet suggested slippery elm tea mixed with organic honey for his cough. So far this evening he is fine in his crate, but coughs as soon as he comes out and starts walking around. Poor guy :/

and i got my promotion!!! And double the pay raise i was expecting! Happy camper right here :d
yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayay!

Frodo did FANTASTICO at the vet. c/t to Frodo AND Ryan!!

And I GOT MY PROMOTION!!! And double the pay raise I was expecting! Happy camper right here :D
Yay! Congrats on the promotion, you definitely deserve it!

And I've said it before, but I *heart* Lake Harriet!

Members online

No members online now.