Joyful Roy's dog Roy

Y

yuckaduck

I can safely post these because I know they are the dog that I am told they are so here are two pictures of Joyful Roy's german shepherd Roy.

May I say what a beautiful dog, congradulations. I will let Joyful Roy post anything else that you need to know about Roy.

nedim

Beautiful GSD. I have a question, is that a natural stance for a gsd or does it have to be taught to stand that way?

Y

yuckaduck

nedim said:
Beautiful GSD. I have a question, is that a natural stance for a gsd or does it have to be taught to stand that way?

I never taught Yukon to do it and he stands but not that way here is a picture of Yukon standing when given the stand command.

I think it may be taught or else Yukon is just weird and does not do it that way.

nedim

yuckaduck said:
I never taught Yukon to do it and he stands but not that way here is a picture of Yukon standing when given the stand command.

I think it may be taught or else Yukon is just weird and does not do it that way.
Lol, i think its taught too, not sure though.

JR0579

German Shepherds Rock
Hello all

It's taught. The gentleman in the pic. with Roy is the breeder and the trainer. It took him about 5 minutes to get him to do it. He also tells me that he has the same issue with grown up dogs

Regards

sheps4me

Gorgeous pup!

The position is called a "stack" and it's most commonly used in conformation shows.

JR0579

German Shepherds Rock
Sheps4me is correct. My breeder also shows his dogs and has won a lot of first & second place prizes across Canada. His dogs are gorgeous

Old Dog

Ol'Dogger
nedim said:
Lol, i think its taught too, not sure though.
A correctly built shepherd will naturally fall into that stance. As puppies we try to encourage that when they stand they stretch out. But most shepherds will naturally fall into the stance when posed. I showed shepherds for many years. Its hard to get one to hold the stance if he is not correctly built in the rear.

Y

yuckaduck

Old Dog said:
A correctly built shepherd will naturally fall into that stance. As puppies we try to encourage that when they stand they stretch out. But most shepherds will naturally fall into the stance when posed. I showed shepherds for many years. Its hard to get one to hold the stance if he is not correctly built in the rear.

There you go now we all know it is natural and since OldDog showed them I would think she should know. Thank you!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I have never understood the purpose of the "stance" the first time i saw it i thought oh my something is drastically wrong with that dog's hips..what is the purpose and why is it thought of as attractive?
This is a beautiful dog!

Doberluv

I don't think extreme angulation is beautiful OR correct. They've been breeding these GSDs lately to be crippled with dysplasia and unable to do what they were bred to do. They're a trotting dog and some angulation is needed to give them the reach and endurance to herd sheep. They are meant to cover the most amount of ground with the least amount of effort. Well, as you see in so many dogs, they've created weak, unstable hips and backs and virtually ruined them. Even their temperaments aren't always the way they should be. I've seen so many nervous, fearful GSDs lately, it's incredible. It's a shame. I think the German dogs are so much better and one needs to be careful when shopping for a GSD these days.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
have you read the book about the search and rescue woman that was looking for "the dog". Her rescue dog ( i wish i could remember her name) was retiring. She knew that this was the one of her life..that this was the time. She bought one shepard in the states and the dog simply wasn't capable and she thought she had found the best..so she went to Germany. She wrote a huge comparison of the two different countries and their approach to breeding.

Y

yuckaduck

German Sheperd Gurl said:
My Girl is from German and Slovakian lines.Her mom also a Red GSD is German.Dad is a RCMP Dog.I like The German lines best.

Me too Yuck is 100% German Lines.

Members online

No members online now.