if you have more than one dog..

how do they get along.. ?
My oldest is 19 months and the little one is almost 10 months old..
the ideal is that you wait ´till the first is about 2 years and mature.. but i dint have a choice ( the baby was living with drug addicts in a car )

My problem is that they dont get along .. at all
Quira ( 10 mnt ) is always bugging him and he´s not the gentle type.. it gets pretty..out of hand
in the house they dont fight but they dont play or " hang out " either.
if i let them loose outside It´s on..

any1 else with the same problem or even better .. good ideas on how to fix this..

I have three dogs - Colby is 8, May is 10, and Tippy is 5. They get along pretty well, Tippy can be a bit bossy at times, they have been in tussles, but they get along together pretty well except for some sibling rivalry.

Fran27

First, I disagree that it's best to wait until the first one is 2 years, but I guess it depends a lot on how your first dog behaves. Just had to point this out :p

Otherwise, my 7 months old was absolutely delighted to have Tips to play with when he arrived 3 months ago. They get along wonderfully, play together a lot and often sleep next to each other.

How long have you had the second one?

i´ve had her since she was 12 w
she is wonderful in every other way ..
Rocco would prob prefer being the only dog in the house..

Last edited:

Fran27

Ok. Just to make sure, are you sure they are not just playing? I was sure mine were killing each other at first, but they were just playing. They growl, bark, bite, snap etc.

But sometimes dogs just don't like another dog. It happens :(

i dont know the english word for it but .. the furr on there back stands up ( lol )
i can tell the diff..
it´s not like they hate eachother but outside and unleashed its hopeless

It could have something to do with the breed and their personality, too. Personally, I've never had an issue -- but we had golden retriever and up to 8 at once. Never a problem. Just lots of lovin' and some rough playing, is all...

We have an occasional dust-up between the grrrrls, but it's rare and usually over Shiva trying to take food from Kharma . . . In Shiva's DivaWorld, all food belongs to Shiva :rolleyes: Bimmer disciplines both of them when they're about to do something they shouldn't, but he's never put a tooth on either one - just put the fear on them.

Are your two both males? Neutered or intact? That can make a huge difference.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
The only problems I've had was Sawyer making it *very* clear that I was his human and as such, off-limits. He's relented quite a bit as he's gotten used to her, and they both love to play together...Aubrey lives with my boyfriend and Sawyer gets quite sad when it's time to go home. They do play entirely too rough outside though...Sawyer's favorite game is "How many times in a row can I run Aubrey over before she moves?" Aubrey is rather non-plussed about it all. ;)

I have 4 Shih Tzus, and they are all males. They get along great with each other as well as the other dogs in the neighborhood. Shadow, my oldest, would sit on the neighbors lawn and cry until they left their dog out. Your dogs may calm down as they get older, you never know.

Members online

No members online now.