Rocky II, for the people who asked :)

Hydro

United States Marine Corp
Hey everyone, I haven't been around too often. I've been spending a lot of time training ect.. From the last time I posted here, I picked him up from the hospitalization center and said he was doing better. Wrong, 4 vets later finally we find out. So heres a re-cap.

I noticed Rocko caughing a lot and not eating, so I took him to the first vet (COMPLETE IDIOT). He gives him Pepto-Bismal for stomach aches and says his coughing is just him *nervous* and Calorie Paste because he wasn't eating.

One week later, no result he's looking even worse.

I take him to another vet because I didn't want to risk my little pup's life with one vet so I wanted to see other perspectives. Immediately, he told me there is a respiratory infection. He takes a blood test gives me medicine and I take Rocko home.

2 Days later I get a call from the vet, Rocky must be hospitalized.

I take him to the hospital and visited him twice throughout the time he stayed. I took him home a week later, with him looking a lot better and I was given Chloro to give him for 3 week. This is where I left off everyone at the healthcare post.

Turns out I gave him 3 weeks of useless medicine, he was still caughing although he was eating now.

Finally, I take him to a vet my friend recommended. First thing he says is, "I can't believe they didn't even X-Ray this puppy."

Rocky was diagnosed with Pnuemonia.

It has been a little over a month now, of me spending any time I can with him. Giving him human inhalations (which worked extremely well), an anti-biotic and a pill to open up his bronchioles.

Rocky has been cough free for over a month now, and HE IS DRIVING ME NUTS. I love it.

He's laying here beside me sleeping on a warm blanket I setup near my bed.

Spent over 1,000$ curing my little buddy, and I couldn't give a sh** about the money. I'm glad he's now a puppy (Not by his size any more, weighing in at 27 lbs @ 4 months). After 3 of the hardest months of his young life he's finally back on his paws.

He plows down through Innova Dry Food and Wellness canned food like a lion.

Thanks everyone for the support, I'd be lost without you people.

nedim

Great news. Must be a sigh of relief now that hes all better.

Hydro

Thanks fellas, I'll have some pics soon. I take crappy cell phone pictures and webcam pictures. I'm getting my camera fixed, so soon I'll have some great shots.

Irish

Your post points out how very important it is to have a good vet, and how hard it is to find one. I'm so glad Rocky is better!!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Hydro i am soooo sorry for you and your pup..and so relieved he is better now. You are the top man for sticking thru with him when so many would not have..you have my profound respect. Hugs to Rocky and kisses for both her ears, his nose and ohh my just give him all my love PLEASE..what a dirty rotten way to have to start a life, what a wonderful man to have there for him. Please let us know how both of your are doing...and any picture would be most appriciated!!!! Hope you have the best of holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

necterine0

So glad Rocky is better. He owes it all to you. You have been great to stick with him and work through it all. A lot of people would have just gave up and sent him off to the pound....but not you!!!! You make me proud to know you and Rocky....Sending Rocky my wishes of a very long and healthy life with you.

Looking foward to the pic's...

Debi

Geez...what an ordeal!!! I'm soooooo happy Rocky is doing well now. Also so happy you posted to let us know. :) Hey....don't be a stranger, Hydro!!! :) can't wait to see updated pics.

Hydro

It's not much, they're terrible cell phone pics but you can see how much he has matured since he was a baby pup. He will be 4 months on July 10.

I'm so glad little Rocky the Second is feeling a little better now. That's too much for a little baby puppy to go through!! He sure is a handsome little guy now.

You have no idea how relieved I am that your little feller is mending! You, sir, are what a dog owner should be and I'm proud to know you.

Now, even crappy cell phone photos would be great, lol!

Hydro

Thanks everyone!

Lol, I just watched Anger Management with him on the couch, fed him some of my french fries and chicken :p (I know, I know not too much!)

gapeach

Big Mutts
So glad to hear Rocky II is feeling so much better. I was beginning to think you just weren't coming back. It's always great to hear good news and nice to hear Rocky will be a spoiled house pet! :D

Members online

No members online now.