payback for good deed

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
yesterday as i was racing around trying to wrap things up so i could take pics i took a short cut between my major roads. There was a 4 mth old labrador pup, yellow, big boned and very nice looking out of his yard and chasing my car. I stopped and told him i was gonna tell his owner on him. I went up to the door and rang the bell several times, tho there were cars in the drive no one answered, i knocked a few times, still can't raise anybody so i took a chance because said dog was now chasing another car down the road, i called him up to me. He was hesitant, and it took a bit before he came close enuff for me to grab his collar. Once i had him i hoisted his bulk over the fence and put him back in the yard with the other pup. Then i smelled it, omg that dog blasted me with his anal glands, and oh my, he must have rolled on something as well. Darn, please let me have a spare shirt in the car. I fished around and found the one i had that was too hot at the dog park the day before. I didn't want to go home for i was only a block away from the store that was my goal. I discretely changed hoping no one was looking and depositied my t-shirt in the nearest trash bin. That was a bad bad bad smell!
On the way home i saw a white dog in beginning to cross the very busy road right before my street. At first i thought it was Victor and my heart was in my throat..(my daughter and her family were waiting on me to take the pics) ..when i got closer i thought i realllllly need glasses because it ws the white pitbull that i have taken home more then once. I honked the horn at him several times and he backed up..recognized me and about faced (he KNOWS I AM GONNA TELL ON HIM) and so i parked the car and marched his white rear end back to his gate. His owner's mom is very ill, her legs are swollen and purple up to the knees...i waited for her to come out cause tho i will chase him in the yard, i am not about to reach in and get the wire to tie the bottom of the fence..i am not going to put my hand in there for nuffing. SHe finally got out there and so went on and took our pics. Then afterwards i drove Hyia home to GG's only to discover on my way back the woman standing on the edge of that busy road, guess why. I think the dog was spooked by the fireworks everyone just has to set off before the fourth all day long..(and night!!!!!) plus they are moving today..anyway i circled around didn't see him, talked to the woman that said her son was out looking so i figured i could go home, then i heard a woman whistling...looked up the road and saw a neighbor standing in her yard..and shore nuff..there he is in the dang road again sooooo i turned around backed up, about faced, got on the other side of the road, honked my horn at him..pointed so the other cars would see him..and told him i was gonna tell on him. Slobbering and mad he stomped his way home where the teenage son (i had hoped for an adult with a car) came out and got his dog. Just as i was turning around, i saw the dog run thru the fence, and thought geeeez, but the boy caught him. I drove home quickly and stayed inside for the rest of the day. IT is just tooooo crazy out there. I will be glad when this holiday is over!

necterine0

WOW smkie you really did have a busy day. I think i would have tossed that shirt too. I whish i could have seen the faces on all of the dogs. I sure they were all thinking, Oh no it's smkie ...run now !!!!! she's gona tell!!!

I know what you mean by the fire works. It was just passed here in Georgia a couple of day's before the 4th weekend that they would be selling fire works here in GA. and legal to shoot them too, and every one has gone mad. Now they are going off around the clock.:mad: ...My dog's are afraid to got out and potty!!!!!!!!:(

Barb04

Super Moderator
Smkie, you deserve a rest today. I think you rescued and put yourself through enough. I do hope you enjoy this afternoon and evening.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Hyia is the dog rescuer today..she looked out her new bedroom window (boy is she grooving on getting Aaron's room!) and said oh my there is such a pretty dog like Victor outside..i looked out her window and it was t-bone Onyx's buddy white boxer..he was scared and heading down the road. He almost never leaves his yard even tho he is not tied unless he is following one of the children. So i told Hy to put her shoes on and we would let them know t-bone was out. Gg is going to sit tonight out, she doesn't feel well yet so she will babysit my two as well as Mr.Shaffer. I hope everyone's dogs are safe at home and not to frightened by all this craziness. I can see the point in big displays..especially if they are over water for the reflection, but to waste your money on pop pop pop..just seems like there ought to be a better way to have fun. last night it was just humourous because they kept firing them off even tho it was lightening out like crazy..it sounded like dueling banjos between the heavens and the humans..the heavens were far more impressive to me. We are so tired of this..it has been going on for two days now.
what do other people do when they see a dog out? and you know it lives in your neighborhood...am i just nuts because i run them home..or alert their owners? i would have given anything in the world if one person would have let me know what happened to my little fuzzy dog when i was a teen. Mom says it is my destiny to see them, she said in all her years of driving she never had this happen.

necterine0

I only had one time when two little ones draging their leash behind them, came into our yard. I tied them to the swing and as luck had it they had tags with adress on it. What luck, because most don't have collar's let alone adsess or phone number. Well i put them in my car and drove them home. That was a long time ago and they never have been back..

Now this one other dog ..his name is Blue. He looks like a Blue Heeler. He always came around looking for Shenzie before she was spayed. He had tags but would not let us near him. So we called the pound and they came out and picked him up and took him in..from there they called the owner and gave him a warning. They also told us what the number was on the tag so if it came back we could call him and let him know...Well even though Shenzie has been spayed we see him every once in a while..WE just call him and he comes and gets the dog.

Now as far as the rest of the dog's i see in the neighborhood, i am sad to say i have no idea where they live. They won't let you get that close to them. But i know they live somewhere in here. I get mad when i see them loose because they are all little dogs.

I took a spell where I seemed to run across lost Basset hounds. I was able to find the owner of one. She had a freshly healed spay scar on her belly. Her pads were soft and unblistered, so I knew she was someone's pampered pet. I called the vets to tell them I'd found a Basset with a fresh spay scar and was looking for her owner. The third one I called was her vet. He took my name and phone number and called his client. She called me and told me enough to identify the dog. It turns out her husband had been killed six months earlier and their four year old son was very lonely and having an awful time, so she got the dog. She lived 15 miles from where I found it, and since the dog's feet were in good shape we knew someone had stolen the dog from the yard. Her little boy was overjoyed to see his pup again - he had thought she was gone like his daddy . . . still makes me get weepy. The other two I placed with some people who do Basset rescue. They kept one for themselves and found a good home for the other one.

The one I really regret was a mutt stranded on the side of the highway. He was copper colored and had a big wide head - probably had some Staffy in him, along with a hundred other things. He had a dark mark on his haunch that was the shape of a lightning bolt. I took him to a rescue - but I should have brought him home with me . . .

Barb04

Super Moderator
Looks like Smkie & Renee were busy rescuing. Congrats to you both for helping all those dogs.

Members online

No members online now.