The dog musing/vent thread

Slick

Kristina
Poor Leo.

He had been acting kind of antsy all morning. Not really settling. And I was wondering why.

Then it hit me....his breakfast! I totally hadn't fed him his breakfast! Lol, poor boy got his breakfast 5 hours late.
I am pretty sure he might like to rehome me today.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I have been bored all afternoon so was 'researching' and then lo and behold I now have a huge spreadsheet filled with the max, min, and average heights and weights of all breeds I am interested in ever owning (25 of them!) as well as comparisons of them to papillons and also with smallest to biggest lists. Oh and of course I had to calculate density of said breeds.... And ratios comparing them all.

In case you were wondering the average sheltie is 1.53 times the height of the average papillon but is 2.73 times the weight. And a MAS is 1.63 times the height and 4.0 times the weight. Papillons are roughly 0.79 lbs/inch of height, which is the lightest of any breed on the list.

^^ Signs you may be overthinking things. Also probably signs of math major.

Hi, I have a spreadsheet problem.

Last edited:

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Story cut herself pretty good playing ball the other day. Meeting with her owner tomorrow to see if we need to take her in to get the top pad removed. Why I shouldn't have show dogs at my house. >.<

Also, "my" baby dog is sore and I feel bad.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I am ridiculously too excited over the fact that Cajun did not potty in her run at all today at work. That's an 11 hour day! Obviously she gets let outside frequently, but most days she ONLY pees in her run and will NOT pee outside. This is the first accident-free day she's had at work. I haven't really worried about it, this is how her previous owner trained her so what else can we expect, and it's not a problem at home... but it gets annoying mopping up pee!

I don't know what all of a sudden clicked in her brain today but I hope it wasn't just a fluke! Lol I was so dorky giddy announcing to my coworkers "guess what guys, my dog just peed OUTSIDE!!" :rolleyes:

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
It's been a year since kaleb left this world. I still catch myself seeing dog toys and thinking "hey! K would love this, I should get it for him!" And then remembering. I remember that day still. I miss my big black buddy boy.

Forever in our hearts, buddy boy. <3

DenoLo

I got the "You're being SO dumb right now" look from Lola (Example below) and it was definitely earned. We went on a very long hike in the woods with a couple of poorly marked trails. On our way back home, I let her go 30 out ahead to see if she'd be able to figure out the way back herself. So we get to this one part, and she chooses to take a right and I was SO SURE that we should be going straight. So we have a little battle of wills out there, and I'm confused as to why she wants to go right so very badly-- she's a VERY easy-going dog and I figured once I showed her the way she'd say "Oh ok", but the girl was relentless. I finally took out a map and she was 100% right and I was an idiot :rofl1:

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
It's been a year since kaleb left this world. I still catch myself seeing dog toys and thinking "hey! K would love this, I should get it for him!" And then remembering. I remember that day still. I miss my big black buddy boy.

Forever in our hearts, buddy boy. <3
I find myself thinking this about Izze even 2 + years after her passing, I still see toy or a chewy or a bed and think "Izze would live that" :( :(

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Mia smeared poop on my one pair of clean work pants.

Jerk dog.

Why yes, I want you to have runny poop pants then jump in my lap and snuggle me. Of course I do. I smelled a little bit of a foul smell but thought she had farted. Nope.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Ever since Abrams had the Wrath of Michael rain down upon him when he knocked and bent the crap out of the screen and glass panel of the back door due to a full body jump at it, he hasn't touched it when he wants in from outside. Just goes to show that dogs can differentiate between when you are actually LIVID and when you are just annoyed. And for dog as physically insensitive as Abrams is, he is still very much emotionally sensitive.

I've been using this opportunity to reward him like crazy when he waits patiently instead of launching his entire body at the door. Hopefully we won't have to worry about it anymore!

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Just got back from hiking. Went all the way from the Brooklyn Wildlife Area to the Montrose Segment of the Ice Age Trail (further than we have gone before). And then back again. What does rocket dog Roxie do? Zoomies in the basement, and a mad game of tug.

I mean, pulling 100lbs up steep hills, tracking, etc, would leave me exhausted. I just love my dog. I'm starting to wonder if a JRT can actually match/keep up with her, though...

teacuptiger

floor dancer
My poor baby dog is broke out in hives SO BAD!! Srsly, if I had a laptop I'd post a picture. Holy shite, though. Washing her, washing all bedding, vaccing the carpets. And she went through all of her water.

Oh. My. Gods. I want to cry because I feel so bad for her.

Members online

No members online now.