Lost my boy yesterday

teedub

He has been by my side for 11 years. Meant the world to me. Hardest part is I never saw it coming. We've been watching his liver enzymes for the last 6 months and finally did a sonogram a week ago to check for worst case scenario - a tumor. My vet was very pleased to tell me that there was no tumor, but he had some inflammation of the liver. He wasn't worried. I thought everything would be fine.

I feel so guilty for not paying attention to the fact that his high water intake wasn't decreasing with the new medication. He had been on the medication for one week, he had been doing great, playing, eating great, until yesterday. He was panting on and off and I just didn't make a fuss about it and I should have. Later that evening, I could tell he wasn't ok. I was preparing to take him to the emergency vet when he laid over, spat out blood and he was gone.

Hit me like a ton of bricks, and I don't know how to face him being gone. He was my best friend, my most loyal companion, and was apart of my daily routine for over 11 years. I just know it's going to be hard to come through that door and not hear him barking.

Thanks for listening. Had to get it out.

Barb04

Super Moderator
So sorry. Try to remember all the love you shared. He will be in your heart and memories forever.

teedub

Thanks guys. It's been incredibly difficult. I see him everywhere. It's hard for me to not look down and have him there. Everything seems to remind me of him. Grasping that I'll never have him in my arms again just rips my heart out.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
11 years is a long time, and your words show that they were well loved years. I am very sorry for your loss.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I am so, so sorry for your loss. It will always hurt, but it will get better with time. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but someday you will be able to think of him and smile.

Hang in there.

Members online

No members online now.