2013 Official Chaz Weight Loss Challenge

Equinox

I'm typically really sensitive about revealing my weight, but since I'm hoping to put all that fat far behind me, I may as well :) Hopefully soon it will be just a number.

Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 152 lbs
Goal: 120 lbs

My overall physical condition is more depressing to me than my weight currently, because I have a surprising amount of leg muscle from martial arts and walking/running. Plus, I like having boobs and a butt. But now I'm back in my Winter weight and close to campus so exercise is less of a necessity and I wind up not doing it. Blegh.

Fran your rewards idea is AWESOME! I'm going to do that, too. New shoes for the milestones and maybe a new camera lens when I reach my goal weight!

Diet: Going keto! 60% fat, 35% protein, and 5% carbs, always below 25g of net carbs (hopefully). Been eating a lot of chicken, eggs, and nuts and will be buying lots of bacon, broccoli, and lettuce this weekend. Cutting out grains (which is hard for me, because my mother is an amazing baker and always brings me food) and all my sweets including the Starbucks drinks I love so much. Using myfitnesspal to keep track of my calories, carbs, and all the ratios.

Exercise:
At least 2 hour long walks a day, or 3 40-minute walks. Will hopefully also fit some dancing and running in.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Fran I LOVE the idea of rewards...

I have to think of what my smaller rewards are going to be (5 lbs, 10 lbs, 20 lbs, etc.) I think my BIGGGG reward once I hit my final goal is going to be a $500 clothes shopping spree and a bengal kitten. There's nothing like an awesome bengal kitty to motivate weight loss lol.

On a serious note, I decided to blog this weight loss journey starting now.
http://cavewomanchallenge.blogspot.com/

ETA: The link will probably stay in my siggy below if anyone cares to follow. I also want to make a banner for the blog so I may need to commission someone's art/graphic design talents if anyone is interested.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Love that idea Fran! I have come up with goals/rewards.
My end reward will be the Army. Not much of a reward to some lol but i am excited!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Just throwing this out there, but what about doing some kind of "This is what I ate today" thread. Just simple, this is what I ate and it was yummy. Cal/Protein/Fat/Carb if you have it. How you made it. And a picture cause it's cool.

I just think it would be fun, even just for stupid things like I MIXED FRUIT TOGETHER! lol And it would be a topic that could just keep going through the year, unlike how most weigh in threads lose their ambition after a couple weeks.
I'll start one if you guys think it'll be a good idea, otherwise I'll just keep spamming all mine onto my facebook :p

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Just throwing this out there, but what about doing some kind of "This is what I ate today" thread. Just simple, this is what I ate and it was yummy. Cal/Protein/Fat/Carb if you have it. How you made it. And a picture cause it's cool.

I just think it would be fun, even just for stupid things like I MIXED FRUIT TOGETHER! lol And it would be a topic that could just keep going through the year, unlike how most weigh in threads lose their ambition after a couple weeks.
I'll start one if you guys think it'll be a good idea, otherwise I'll just keep spamming all mine onto my facebook :p
Great idea!! Plus a great place for some ideas..
I am on the most basic meal plans lol I eat the SAME THINGS all the time.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Great idea!! Plus a great place for some ideas..
I am on the most basic meal plans lol I eat the SAME THINGS all the time.
That's basically what I was thinking. It's not about posting what you ate so much as it's a great way to learn what OTHER people are eating and replicate!

I'm not so huge on putting meals together, I just tend to throw a couple ingredients together and BLAM!

Zhucca

Lab Love
Alrighty, I'll play.

I regained some weight this year that I lost before (durr), which is pretty crappy.

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 225
Goal: 135lbs (ish)

My short term goal is 50lbs. I should be able to lose it within 3-5 months, if I eat properly. My diet is simple. I'm not doing any particular diet except for the obvious where I'm cutting out sugars, bread, pasta, and general junk food. I count calories and control portions. I aim for around 1500 calories a day.

I unfortunately haven't been to the gym in awhile. My life is pretty busy and I'm really tired when I come home, but I know that's not really a problem as it is a symptom of my unhealthy body. I let it become an excuse for a good while. I want to swim in the mornings before work (only 30 min), 3 x a week. Tues-Thurs-Sat. Then I want to do strength training 3x a week as well.
Particularly, this program:

Back/Bis

Deadlifts
A Row
Chins or Pulldows
Bicep Curl

Chest/Tris

Bench
DB or Inc Bench
Chest Dips
Triceps Isolation

Legs/Shoulders

Squat
Glute Ham Raise)
Military Press
Calf Work

When I think about it, it seems like a lot to take on. But quite frankly, I've sat around for a long time and it's about time I put my butt into gear. I'm really pumped.

As for rewards, the little rewards come in feeling better, buying smaller clothes, etc. My end result reward is an 1000 dollar shopping spree, in Las Vegas.

xpaeanx

Oooooo, I like the idea of "what I ate today." I think it might be easier if everyone posts their blog and we all follow each other, this way you can take pics with your phone as the day is going and then just upload from your phone.

I don't know about anyone else, but posting pics to chaz from my phone is a nightmare and if I have to transfer pictures to my comp I will end up doing a "high-lights of my week"... which is not necissarily a bad thing, but if you have to be honest with people for each meal it will keep you more on track. :p

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I used to be a 4 :( now I am a 10 :( :(, but I am not "fat" I honestly don't know where the extra sizes came from??? My stomach is flat & there is no "flab" anywhere on me by job is very physical so I don't really need to work out right now but if I eve get a job that is not as physically demanding then I would need to run or hit the gym.

I look fwd to following this thread, good luck everyone! :D

chaospony

Me too, me too!

5'3 and back at 165 lbs.
Not. Cool.

I just started doing the whole Keto thing, we'll see how that goes.
I am going to try get back into walking great distances, used to walk miles and miles every day and I loved it. Winter is not my friend though...

I was doing so well and feeling so much better and energetic and then I let things slide.
No more! 4 months till my 30th b-day and it would be really great to have a crazy shopping spree for all new clothes then!

I'm Chaospony on myfitnesspal too.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I'm joining too.

last year (or the year before) I went on a healthy eating plan to lose a bunch of weight. I was upwards of 250lbs. I used sparkpeople.com and used their calorie tracker to keep myself on track (Brian did it with me although he had a lot less weight to lose lol). I lost about 80 lbs. I got down to about 170 and I was pretty happy with that. I'd have liked to get down to 150 but those last 20 lbs were impossible... then I started slacking.

I'm back up to 200 lbs. I was actually 205 lbs starting this week (I totally mailed it in over the holidays and decided I was going to binge eat until I couldn't eat any more lol and that's what I did and now I'm sick of food so that's making the first week pretty easy hhaha.

I don't have a big plan but I just want to get back to healthier eating and most importantly for me... PORTION CONTROL. A lady from my church goes to a fitness class every Tuesday so I'm thinking of joining her for that. it will keep me honest if someone is expecting me to show up lol.

So far just this week I'm down to 201.8 :) So it's nice to see some numbers dropping already and makes it easier to keep plugging away.

Good luck to all you guys :)

Equinox

Me too, me too!

5'3 and back at 165 lbs.
Not. Cool.

I just started doing the whole Keto thing, we'll see how that goes.
I am going to try get back into walking great distances, used to walk miles and miles every day and I loved it. Winter is not my friend though...

I was doing so well and feeling so much better and energetic and then I let things slide.
No more! 4 months till my 30th b-day and it would be really great to have a crazy shopping spree for all new clothes then!

I'm Chaospony on myfitnesspal too.
I added you! I'm also starting keto for the new year and will have to stalk your diary for ideas and inspirations :D

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Annoyed.

I know I've only been eating healthy a couple of days, but seriously, I feel like I've gained weight. I come in under my calorie goal on MFP by at least 100 calories every day, I've been eating meat, veggies, little bit of fruit. AND I FEEL LIKE I'VE GAINED WEIGHT!

I'm wondering if my MFP is possibly just wanting me to eat more calories than I should be?

I know I need to be patient, but my motivation wains when this happens!

Members online

No members online now.