Regarding Signature Links

There have been questions lately about what kind of links are okay in signatures.

If you have a website, whether it's a product, blog, personal, commercial, information, etc., it's fine to put it in your signature.

Make it normal sized, not some ginormous, garish nonsense. Not only is it distracting and annoying, you'll defeat your purpose. Few Chazzers are going to respond to something like that, especially from someone we don't know yet.

And, coming in and posting gratuitous little one liners that aren't really participating actively won't get you any customers here. Members tend to mentally tag those as spam and will actively avoid your site.

Lolas Dad

Well I am glad that this site allows a link in a signature. There is one other board that I will not mention the name of that site but it only allows links from certain people. I had a link in my sig there and it was removed along with a PM telling me no signatures allowed. With that in mind I went through quite a few other signatures of people and responded to the PM with the names of each and everyone I found that had a link in the signature. The PM was never replied to and the other people that had links continued to have them.

So again bravo for this board for not only allowing them but allowing whoever wants to have one to do so and not just a select few.

Giny

All my dogs pictures are linked to their dogster page, you can't tell till you click on them. :p

I've been here for 4 years now, with the same signature...it's time for a new one.

Thank you for the update, Renee!

There have been questions lately about what kind of links are okay in signatures.

If you have a website, whether it's a product, blog, personal, commercial, information, etc., it's fine to put it in your signature.

Make it normal sized, not some ginormous, garish nonsense. Not only is it distracting and annoying, you'll defeat your purpose. Few Chazzers are going to respond to something like that, especially from someone we don't know yet.

And, coming in and posting gratuitous little one liners that aren't really participating actively won't get you any customers here. Members tend to mentally tag those as spam and will actively avoid your site.
Added to this, signature spam of this description WILL be fair game for whatever antic takes the fancy of the moderators at the moment.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Having signature links within reason is just awesome. :) I love that I can network with other businesspeople here, and Chazzers are easily my best and most awesome customers. I love you guys. <3

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
That's one thing I liked about this forum, I can link to my kennel in my signature and also by doing so help to show what responsible breeding looks like!

So, I read that we can add links to our signatures, and I've been wanting to link to my local rescue. It doesn't seem like I can use bbcode for URL in the signature (since it flat-out says I can't), and I can't seem to find information anywhere else, so.. could someone help me out by letting me know what the code to use is?

Thanks in advance!

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
So, I read that we can add links to our signatures, and I've been wanting to link to my local rescue. It doesn't seem like I can use bbcode for URL in the signature (since it flat-out says I can't), and I can't seem to find information anywhere else, so.. could someone help me out by letting me know what the code to use is?

Thanks in advance!
It seems like a restriction based on post count or "community" status that is automatically restricted. If you can put in a post here what you want the signature to say, I can edit it for you.

Members online

No members online now.